ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autoglym Alloy Wheel Seal

F56 MINI Cooper S
Is it any good? In a tin with a black sticker. Seen some vids of it being applied and looks like a foam which you just simply spray on then wipe off with a microfibre cloth?

So is it worth buying and does it do a good job?

Cheers.

182 has now gone!
I have used the Autoglym wheel seal for years... East to use, just spray on and buff off with a microfibre.

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
I wasn't that impressed with ot tbh, didn't do a great job of sealing or stopping surface spots not able to just wash off, but then I guess it's easy enough to apply on a regular basis.

I got better, longer lasting results from using Colli's 476 wax

F56 MINI Cooper S
Wondering if Clean wheels does anything, its just used to get the brake dust off by the look of it?

I use colli 476 at the moment, apply it every couple of weeks but the ag wheel seal looks easier to use?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fair enough, but he put that it comes in a tin! I've used it before, makes next to no difference.

F56 MINI Cooper S
What makes no difference? whether you use it or not, or whether its in a tin?

I think you are getting confused to what im talking about here i will find a link

Golf GT & A4 Avant
if you can apply it and wash them reguarly then it might be ok. I'll be trying poorboys wheel sealant next to see if it looks better than the Colli's, especially as it's supposed to be better with the heat

Not a 320d
Id sooner have Autogylm Extra Gloss Protection if youre limiting yourself to halfrauds. Its a liquid so its piss easy to spread.

Doesnt last forever but if you re apply once a month im sure itll be more than sufficient.

Would sooner have Collinite 476s for the wheels though. Or something else but with a higer price range.

EGP wont be able to withstand the heat. You'd be better to get the Poorboys or the 476s. I personally am using FK1000p Which is a much larger tin than both of the previous for just a tad more. Use it on the body work as well. Cracking stuff.

Not sure with the 476, but It should last longer than a week. I'd personally do 2/3 coats every month.

Are you doing 1 coat each week?

AG WS does not last.

476 will only need reapplication every couple of months.

Go on eBay and buy some FK1000p or PB WS as above.

F56 MINI Cooper S
When you say it wont last what do u mean? It wont last long? if so i will apply once a week.

I applied some today and its very easy to use, my only reservation is that does it work (stop chips etc). only time will tell.

Not a 320d
If your happy with re applying then why not. Nothing will stop stone chips really.

JD do you think FK or colly is more durable?