ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt big problem!

CB1N
Today I started the car and there was a rattle coming from the engine bay. As I examined the engine I noticed that the aux belt had slipped one tooth width from the crank pulley as well as from the top pulley. Also 3-4 inches of the belt had grooves totally worn out!!! What is usually the cause of these things. I have a warranty since I did the cam and aux belt at Renault, and they are sending a tow truck tomorrow since I dont want to start the car fearing that the belt could snap and entangle with the cambelt...

Clio Sport 182
In a word? Misalignment! Cause? Worn pulleys, incorrect alignment, mechanical intervention, loose belt.? Well done in spotting it and not running the engine.

CB1N
All done. They towed the car while I was at work, and rang me just before I finished my shift. They changed the auxbelt kit all done under warranty and in the matter of hours. Also they informed me that my crank aubelt pulley, so called harmonic balancer, had metal ring placed in place of rubber and recomended I change it. I just need to buy the part and they ll change it free of charge... Also the engine idles smoother and revs more freely and with less noise and no vibrations as before. Now I am getting it mapped by rstuner :)