ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux Belt Smoking & Exhaust

Clio 172
Few hours ago broke down n rang recovery due to a lot of smoke coming from the front of the car , aa turned up had a look and said its the aux belt rubbing , looked and it seemed to be rubbing away , got back home started engine and he had another look out the house and said its definitely that but this time it wasn't smoking at all left it on for a few mins also , went up the road to test it see if it was okay for work in the morning , started smoking again , unusual then noticed a cloud of smoke from behind whilst pulling off , unsure of colour if I'm honest as it was dark but isn't doing it on idle when revving etc , only when I pulled off not in overrun either , can't smell nothing else as the rubber smell was strong , aux belt is defo nackered as it's moved over and is starting to melt down , but the smoke from the rear I thought was unusual , no loss of power and never had it before until today , hopefully somebody has an idea , cheers guys

PH2 Flamer
Wouldn't start your car up again buddy, if that belt goes. Your cambelt will most likely go with it.

Hope someone comes along and can give you some advice.

Clio 182
Check your power steering fluid level.
your pump may be leaking fluid onto the belt which will make it smoke as it sprays it onto the manifold.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like a siezed tensioner has collapsed or the alternator mount has snapped.

Do not drive it or even start it until it has been rectified

Clio 172
Check your power steering fluid level.
your pump may be leaking fluid onto the belt which will make it smoke as it sprays it onto the manifold.

Forgot to add that you were right in the end lol , bearing had gone in the pump , cheers

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a siezed tensioner has collapsed or the alternator mount has snapped.

Do not drive it or even start it until it has been rectified

Not seen that one before hay Mick ;)
Drove mine to Mick's with the same problem and he wouldn't let me leave but did sort the Clio for me :D +1 for Mick top bloke