ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

auxillary belt changed and now sweeling when i move the steering wheel

Hi guys i am back again with another slight problem.

Aux belt was making a slight ticking noise so decided to change it today, thought i may need to do the tensioner also but after changing the belt it stopped making the slight noise so i thought great!

The problem now is the belt squeels when i move the steering when the car is stationary and also on full lock, it never did this before i changed the belt, the steering also feels like it is fighting/feeding back when the car is stationary.

The car is a phase 1 172, i thought the tensioner is self tensioning or have i missed/forgot to do something when i replaced it.

Any help would be great , thanks in advance guys

i thought that you could only route it one way? oh dear how could i route it wrong, is that possible

thanks again shepperdspie for the help will look at the diagram and have another go tomorrow, car drives fine just the squeeling problem, belt was from euro car parts i gave them the reg number it was a "continental" belt.
would the car run with the belt routed wrong ?? i thought this would be impossible but then again my expertise is probably 1/1000th of yours.

Will let you know how i get on Tomorrow thanks again

Clio Sport 172
Aren't you supposed to change the tensioner when you change the belt. The spring loses tension over time.