ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AVO GTX

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Been looking into a few coilover options for the Ph1 recently as the KTEC coilovers are giving up the ghost.

Had my heart set on B14s for a while, but as the car is totally stripped out and will become a track day only car, and maybe a few k's a year as a weekend toy, I started to look into adjustable suspension setups, as the Billies lack adjustability and are too soft for track.

KW V2s and ASTs are on my radar but I can't justify the £1000+ price tag for a brand new set. I'd have to aquire some second hand jobbies and send them off for a refurb, however, they don't pop up for sale that often.

Tonight I stumbled upon this link http://balancemotorsport.co.uk/avo-gtx-coilover-clio-172-182.html £540 for a set of AVO GTX (RRP £1080).

Seems almost too good to be true? Has anyone had experience with Balance Motorsport before? And more importantly, what are peoples thoughts on the AVOs? Any good?

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Anything would be an improvement over the KTECs/Racelands, especially failing ones!

It seems like a bargain to me, but I would like to know I'm buying something decent before I commit to the purchase.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
There was a mint 172 in the for sale section.
He also had AVO's fitted, I would find the advert and pm the seller.
The car's been sold but im sure the guy wouldn't mind.
I almost bought them for my ph1 but I went for the bilsteins in the end as I couldn't justify the extra for what I use the car for.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Turns out Balance Motorsport had put the wrong price on their website...

The "special price" was £50 discount, however, they'd put 50% discount on the coilovers by accident.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I thought it was to good to be true mate.
When I was going to buy mine I called AVO directly.