ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AVOID THIS CAR LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  ph1 track weapon
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-RENAULT-...omobiles_UK&hash=item3cb555b901#ht_757wt_1141

went to look at this car today. wasted about 2 hours of my day and £30 in fuel doing so too!

list of issues:
no history past 30k
missing a fog
wheels knackered
stupid exhaust that scraped the ground
no tax
no mot (needs a handbrake cable, windscreen and at least 1 new rear shock to pass)

guy had no paperwork at his 'dealership' and wouldnt allow a testdrive

tried haggling on the price and he was convinced it was worth the £2500 asking price!!!!

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  ph1 track weapon
true, it does, but its a lot worse in the flesh than it is in the description thats all lol

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  ph1 track weapon
Well they're in blandford. About 20 mins the other side of Verwood. The owner drives a Saxo covered in graphics and had a load of newish cars with no plates on out the back too. Just screams dodgy really

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
true, it does, but its a lot worse in the flesh than it is in the description thats all lol

what do you expect! cars on ebay where u have all the sh&t which no one wants then, its a bit suspect why he wont put throu a 25 quid mot

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I think its a bit unfair to warn people off a car when the seller has been pretty accurate with his description??

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  ph1 track weapon
It's not the description as such Daniel, more the fact it needs a good £200 to get through an MOT, he has no paperwork on site for me to look through despite calling 2 days ago to arrange a time, including not having the v5, and not even allowing a test drive even though his unit is on a 2 mile long private road. He didn't state any of it on the ad and knowing I drove so far I found it quite unprofessional really

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
It's not the description as such Daniel, more the fact it needs a good £200 to get through an MOT, he has no paperwork on site for me to look through despite calling 2 days ago to arrange a time, including not having the v5, and not even allowing a test drive even though his unit is on a 2 mile long private road. He didn't state any of it on the ad and knowing I drove so far I found it quite unprofessional really

Ahh, I take back what I said then. I didn't realise that. My bad.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
should of gone with the CASH in ur [ocket and flashed it, probably thought u was a timewaster hence no test drive!!!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ClioSport PH2
edewer i have my cup possibly going up for sale this week if your still after one... brief spec...

all following work done within last 1k miles and upgrades are done because standard renault parts are rubbish:

cam and aux belt + clutch cable just done by jms
Koni adjustable suspension all round
powerflex wishbones bushes
powerflex engine mount
ferrodo ds2500 pads HC discs + brake fluid change
brand new genuine renault 2x rear discs bearings pads caliper
full service with genuine plugs + gearbox oil change + laser alignment
eagle F1 tyres all round
omp rear strut brace
new genuine renault exhaust
completely untouched engine not even an induction kit
faultless tight drive 91k but feels like 30k

let me know if your interested...

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Ph1 track 172
Completely original,
not trashed by a box racer

Massive exhaust bodged on.

And there is no excuse for no paperwork, if someone serviced a car themselves (and are not a complete tool), they keep all the reciepts as proof that its been done,
no reciepts...no proof

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
Completely original,
not trashed by a box racer

Massive exhaust bodged on.

And there is no excuse for no paperwork, if someone serviced a car themselves (and are not a complete tool), they keep all the reciepts as proof that its been done,
no reciepts...no proof

what happens if get the service parts for free? u cant really say no receipts means no proof of servicing, as you can usually tell how well a cars been maintained by its actual condition and way it sounds/ drives etc....

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
what happens if get the service parts for free? u cant really say no receipts means no proof of servicing, as you can usually tell how well a cars been maintained by its actual condition and way it sounds/ drives etc....

NO receipt No proof thats the top and bottom of it

amount of times ive been told its full service or just had the belts done but there is no receipt

doesnt mean anything, i still have to get it done as your only trusting a guy you dont know at all who will tell you anything to sell the car