ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Awful exhaust noise + vibration after using NWP kit? Done up too tight?

Got a local garage to fit a standard cat + midsection last week and I also gave them the nwp cat fitting kit to use as well - ever since I have had bad vibration and noise then accelerating, as if one of the engine mounts failed and the cat is hitting the subframe.

However after reading some threads on here, I am wondering if the springs are done up too tight and that is causing issues? Looks too tight to me, but then again I can't recall how tight they were before.

IMG_0913.gif

LY R26 #288
i'd take it back to the place that fitted it tbh but loads of people including myself have had problems with the nwp kit rattling and blowing

Yeah, only thing is I don't want to get the genuine kit fitted then find that it was fine and its the engine mount to blame.

Golf GTD Mk7
will be changing mine when i can be bothered. The ktec one is just as bad. Will be buying OEM next time.

Just been out and moved the top engine mount as far forward as possible and it has helped a lot - barely any vibration now but it is still there...

Trophy #382
I just bought one of these and noticed all of this as well. Think i am just going to end up putting my old gasket back on!

Why do the bolts have springs in them by the way?

LY R26 #288
to allow use joint to flex when the engine moves, the engine is constantly moving back and forth whilst your drivin

Just been out and moved the top engine mount as far forward as possible and it has helped a lot - barely any vibration now but it is still there...

OK just been out again and its still there a lot...could this kit be at fault for causing vibration right through the car?

182-gsxr600
Just seem this I got a nwp fitting kit, and it's blowing like a b**ch already didn't even get out of my work estate after fitting!!!!!