ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AWT / GDI / My Clio 217 bhp (180lb/ft)

BenR said:
Edde, very little extra work would be needed. Structurally none, it has enough RPM capability to reach 225bhp. Although a balanced and lightened bottom end with some ARP rod bolts would help for safety sakes. The main restriction at the moment is the exhaust system sitting at apiddly 2.25", i will be putting the prototype of my exhuast together on this car beginning of next year.

Whats next, ask ross! lol....but i'm pushing him towards a fabricated inlet manifold rather than ITB's because, IMO its not worth it and you can do about 95% with a fabricated inlet as you could with bodies but you would be able to run the stock ECU/management system which would be a benefit to most people. However, if you design a plenham type manifold from scratch, properly, you can outflow ITB's as your not limited to a cross sectional reduction design.

As for my cams, the ones in ross's car does require a new ECU.....its a middle spec cam, i do some which are much higher spec'ed. But i also finished a new cam profile about 3 months ago that runs on the std ecu, has a stock idle and provides massive torque, they seem to be the benchmark at the moment. They have also prooved to be 222bhp capable with just some modified bodies on a std engine.
Is that the intake manifold you were looking at bulding for a Cup owner before they crashed it and bought a mini? Was talking to the owner about one you were going to be building and it sounded amazing.
What sort of price would you be looking for the new manifold or the second stage normal manifold work or the cams if you don't mind me asking?
PS do you cars still use/need the vvt?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just intrigued. Thinking about buying a 172 before its needs it cambelt doing and getting cams etc done at the same time. Just thinking of 200hp plus (I'm a sucker for figures although I know there are more important things that max power) I'd prefer to keep standard abeitly remaped ecu for lower cost with intake + cams etc.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Lots of potential manifold customers ;) ... deposits will be required.

Pics later on today.

oh and to answer edde's question "That seems a lot though compaired with Yozza car getting "just" 230hp with throttle bodies."

Both cars made 170 atw .... you work the rest out ;)

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
It is cold out ... got a few.

AFR / oil gauges are due to me moved shortly (when the pods arrive)

newcar.jpg

newcar%20(1).jpg

newcar%20(2).jpg

newcar%20(3).jpg

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
mmm gadgets, how easy is the racelogic to use...looks like you just turn the dial? what no new alloy pics?

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Racelogic is v easy to use. Turn and push.

Alloys are still in their boxes. Going to rare rims soon to find some that fit..

Lionel Richie
its coming along nicley, but that Rushworth fella managed to hold me up!!!

good thing i can weld ali lol!!!

edde said:
Is that the intake manifold you were looking at bulding for a Cup owner before they crashed it and bought a mini? Was talking to the owner about one you were going to be building and it sounded amazing.
What sort of price would you be looking for the new manifold or the second stage normal manifold work or the cams if you don't mind me asking?
PS do you cars still use/need the vvt?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just intrigued. Thinking about buying a 172 before its needs it cambelt doing and getting cams etc done at the same time. Just thinking of 200hp plus (I'm a sucker for figures although I know there are more important things that max power) I'd prefer to keep standard abeitly remaped ecu for lower cost with intake + cams etc.

TO be honest, i cant remember lol.

We still use VVT yes, but triggered at a later stage, only a few hundred rpm though.

Second stage manifold work would be £500 ish, fabricated one will be about £600-£650 so very very well priced.

Lionel Richie
Thin!!!!! bloody hell you do need your eye sight checking!!! its 4mm thick!!!

manfromhongkongbreakinret*****mould

engrishmanfix

rolly good

Fred2001Dynamic said:
Thin!!!!! bloody hell you do need your eye sight checking!!! its 4mm thick!!!

manfromhongkongbreakinret*****mould

engrishmanfix

rolly good

well you call it fixed........

Fred that Fiats talking longer to build than your own engine.
Can we put bets on the new engines power? Or better still its completion date? (I'll have 10/9/08).

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:
got one, it'll kick your arse anyday of the week!!! Red + Italian, doesn't get much better

IMG_0801.jpg

Looks nicer than the black one, and faster too probably..!LOL