ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B&M Shifter Question - Lift up reverse cable?

RS2'd Trophy
Good Morning,

I have recently acquired a B&M shifter and quickly nipped over to Riley's house to have a look at him spare housing he had.

I noticed that his standard shift lever has a cable attached to the 'lift up reverse' part. The gear lever I have doesnt have a hook as present on the one he showed me.

Does this cable need to be attached in order for the lift up reverse selection to work? Is my housing different to the 172 cup, being a 182 trophy?

I have seen alot of guides and searched no end but I cannot find the solution to my questions.

Any help would be appreciated.

James

There isn't a cable on the B&M - it's all different

I have my old shifter in the shed still in the housing and that has a cable on it - got the B&M fitted in the car in a spare housing and that doesn't have a cable :)

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
The B&M should have a sliding sleeve under the knob - which held in with a pin. The sleeve then holds the gaitor in the correct position.