ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a Clio. Another Failsport purchase.

330i. E30 Touring.
Terrible pics, but gave it a clean.

yha6e7a9.jpg

u7u6yta9.jpg

Also, the steering wheel was pretty fucked and melted. Spent some time removing the melted bits with a scraper and then smoothing the wheel with a wet rag. The colour coming off it:

mu3u3uze.jpg

Have also refitted the rear seats and parcel shelf.

Overall, I'm in love with being back in a Clio. Perfect daily hack I think.

330i. E30 Touring.
I'd say get the steering wheel re-trimmed but at a 7th of the cost of the car I'd say it's not financially viable.

I also have spares. ;)

It'll do for now as it is, but I'm going to bodge a decent one together to use for the future. May even lookout for a cheap aftermarket one/197 upgrade.

330i. E30 Touring.
So, been ages since I've updated both of my threads.

In short, I've done 5-6k properly abusive miles in the car as it's lapped it all up.

We went on a trip to Le Mans where the car got a little bit dirty and painted on:

aneresa7.jpg

4upe9e8y.jpg

ubadype5.jpg

After a brief evening of rallying:

2y8u2age.jpg

py2esyra.jpg

And how it cleaned up:

sysa8e9u.jpg

So, halfway through LM, it started massively overfuelling. Pops and bangs on the over-run that the 17 year old clan would love, even at 1500revs!

Got it home to find out the second lambda sensor had gone AWOL. No big deal- I had a spare.

Had a little run in the other day with the five-o. The missus took a picture:

2a4a7yqe.jpg

Turns out the actual limit in an NSL is 89mph. Anything that starts with a 9 is three points. :( Just bad luck I suppose, and I've been on borrowed time.

Also, I went to another camping night as part of a stag do. Turns out an air bed, double duvet and pillows is a palace for someone as short as me. f**k tents.

Spec changes:

Becker has gone.
Carbon trims have gone.
Spare wheels have gone.
Maxogen has gone.

What remains:

2118's (although these are soon to be swapped for F1's
Bilsteins
DS2500's
Connect2.
Whiteline

All in all, it's the perfect daily.