ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumblebee the 182 Cup

LY FF182
Hi folks, been on here since getting my first Clio back in November. It's a LY 182 FF, absolutely love it!

Any way time to get started with the project thread! Bought the car like this;

1_zpsa2af7d31.jpg

The write up on Pistonheads was this;

As standard the car comeswith the following:
Traction Control,
ABS,
PAS,
CruiseControl,
Air-Con,
Climate Control,
Electric WingMirrors,
Xenon Headlights,
Automatic light sensingheadlights,
Automatic Rain sensing wipers,
Cup RearSpoiler,
Steering wheel Controls for the radio,
Factory FittedAlarm and immobiliser,
Trip Computer.
Part Leather andAlacantra interior.

The car has recently had a full servicewith receipts to prove it.
I've changed the oil every 6-8k milesor every 6 months along with the oil filter etc.

I have spentsthousands on upgrades for the car, which also I have every receiptfor, including:
Gaz GHA adjustable Coilovers (with adjustabledampening),
15'' Speedline Turini Alloys in anthracitegrey,
Michelin PE2 tyres all round with 4-6mm tread allround,
Front Brembo HC discs,
Front Ferrodo DS2500 Pads,
RearRedstuff Pads,
Rear Standard Discs and bearings,
Red paintedCalipers all round with High temp paint,
Ktec & JanspeedCat-back exhaust with transverse mounted back box,
Ktec Decatpipe,
Brand new exhaust mounts and clamps all round,
Brand Newbosch Lambda sensor,
Evolution piggy Back chip live mapped by APT,with graphs and receipts to prove, as well as Performance French carmagazine article on rolling road day I was at with the car where itwas the 2nd fastest in East anglia,
Standard air box with K'&'NPanel filter and custom twin air intakes,
Front fog lights removedto create air ducts for brakes,
Cup Rear seats,
Half leatherfront seats,
Carbon Fibre front splitter,
Carbon Fibre frontfog light surrounds

As time has gone on I've found out most of this description was lies!!!!!!! Day after I got it, it kept going into limp mode, hesitation at motorway speeds and just generally not driving that well. Changed the accelerator pedal as it had a black one and thought this was causing the limping; it wasn't :( So decided to remove the above mentioned piggyback ecu as there was some dodgy looking wiring on the throttle pedal and ECU, turned out there was no piggyback, just dodgy wiring
:mad: repairing the loom stopped the limping but still running bad.. despite the above write up showing new Lambda and receipt for one, decided to change it... When Mick at diamond came to fit it he discovered yet more dodgy wiring and the car was running without one at all :mad::mad: fixed that and its running right now!! :cool:

Had the belts and dephaser done at Diamond and apparently the belts were shocking and about ready to snap. While doing the wiring repairs we have found that the main loom and clock set have been played with in the past to completely disable the airbag, abs and tc systems. Plan to delete the AC and ABS anyway and have put a Sparco wheel on so not worried about the airbag. Also found that the rear brakes didn't work at all for some reason, still working on this one!

About a month or so of owning it, a bracket on the rear silencer snapped off and made the exhaust horrendously loud and boomy (no centre silencer either). Yet to fix this though! Anyway on with the pictures that I've taken as it got dirty and clean over the last few months. Enjoy

2_zps2ba2de90.jpg

3_zps18137153.jpg

4_zps809067f1.jpg

5_zpse543dcf0.jpg

6_zpsce87a5cf.jpg

7_zpsdda4a4e7.jpg

8_zps257e2740.jpg

9_zps2b35ef00.jpg

10_zps80fd4c42.jpg

11_zps737a862b.jpg

12_zps85edc1d1.jpg

13_zps0382496f.jpg

14_zps3d185deb.jpg

15_zps3488164a.jpg

16_zps3b2de836.jpg

17_zps7f0ad3a1.jpg

18_zps61aa852f.jpg

New home, the garage at the girlfriends

19_zps82f574ee.jpg

Hard to lose in a car park!!!

20_zpsec787ef9.jpg

21_zpsd95eba08.jpg

22_zps64ed7122.jpg

23_zps8fd95df5.jpg

24_zpsc55fde60.jpg

25_zpse1f9b875.jpg

26_zps4e92ffac.jpg

27_zpsa33088a3.jpg

28_zps03797e06.jpg

29_zps8d98f25e.jpg

30_zpsefb00fdb.jpg

31_zpsd89f02b8.jpg

32_zpsd01a0996.jpg

33_zpsff929762.jpg

34_zps703c8d44.jpg

35_zps1a8320be.jpg

36_zps9215c9d3.jpg

37_zps4fe9c7d3.jpg

38_zps4c480f74.jpg

Sorry for the really long first post!!

Plans are;
New engine bay wiring loom as mine is properly fubarred!!
Get some fog lights
Fix all the other wiring issues
Refresh the front end bushes, rack, wishbone, arb, dogbone (done), solid engine mount, camber bolts, PMS top mounts and strut brace, Geo set up with corner weighting
Sticky track day rubber
Brakes all round, HC fronts standard rears
Enjoy the car :D

Thanks for reading!!!

LY FF182
Thanks!! I know the engine bay is terrible, it's on my list of things to do today!! Will definitely keep things updated as they get done!

LY FF182
So, I cleaned the Clio again today.. 4th time in 4 weeks :O For me that's alot!!!! Also gave the engine bay a once over too. Today consisted of Autoglym shampoo, SRP and deep gloss shine. Was going to go find some decent backdrops for photo's but isn't very sunny so can't be arsed! So hear's the pics!

39_zpsbf6057a3.jpg

40_zps3f04e8d0.jpg

41_zpsf558eab0.jpg

42_zps2aa85fb2.jpg

43_zps66884d10.jpg

44_zps14191984.jpg

45_zpsffa32dc3.jpg

46_zps7a19d1da.jpg

47_zps2642be9d.jpg

48_zpsc51bda37.jpg

49_zps73cc72b3.jpg

Thanks for reading!!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
get a cover back on that ecu! and fuse box.
paint the inlets/fuel rail gaurd. new coolant tank and your onto a winner :D

looks good ! :)

LY FF182
All those suggestions are on my list! Some other bits and bobs more urgent to be honest. There's loads that needs doing on this really, want to make it look as OE as possible too.

LY FF182
Was at Dynodaze Rolling Road day today, met a lad off here with a black 172 (sorry I didn't a name!) Hre's the interesting bit;

50_zpsd0a02ad7.jpg

51_zpsc0928cf7.jpg

LY FF182
Don't know about he front bumper, previous owner bodge I think. Again previous owner fitted the washer blanks. And I know it's not a cup, I know it's a FF, it was after I posted the title I learnt the difference of FF and Cup on the 182. Can't find the button to change the title.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'd bet money thats seen a front end repair.

As said, why are there no washer jets? The black stickers are also missing from the inserts. It also looks to have the black inserted xenons as oposed to the grey which the 182's come with.

LY FF182
Yeah, thanks lads... Point out all the bad points that are obvious :/ I already noticed that there's been a repair :(

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Who cares if it's had a repair ? What if Doris over the road grazed it at 3mph and it had a respray ?!

Does it drive in a straight line ? If so, drive it and don't worry about it.

The shutlines on the bonnet, bumper and a-pillars all look spot on. Probably better than when it rolled out of the factory ;)

Clues that it might be a Cat-B write off however all lead me to the rear number plate. If that's on straight, then the rest of the car is as straight as a fromagé baguette.

Sort it out man for goodness sake ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yeah, thanks lads... Point out all the bad points that are obvious :/ I already noticed that there's been a repair :(

I wasn't trying to bring it down mate! My apologies if it came across that way!

Was there any mention of it having a repair etc?

LY FF182
Who cares if it's had a repair ? What if Doris over the road grazed it at 3mph and it had a respray ?!

Does it drive in a straight line ? If so, drive it and don't worry about it.

The shutlines on the bonnet, bumper and a-pillars all look spot on. Probably better than when it rolled out of the factory ;)

Clues that it might be a Cat-B write off however all lead me to the rear number plate. If that's on straight, then the rest of the car is as straight as a fromagé baguette.

Sort it out man for goodness sake ;)

Exactly mate, I now know there's issues but working to fix them as and when I can afford it! I've been sorting all the mechanicals out first then I'll be making it look spot on!!

LY FF182
I wasn't trying to bring it down mate! My apologies if it came across that way!

Was there any mention of it having a repair etc?

No worries, I've posted this car on a couple forums and all it's got is slating for its faults, not many compliments for the good bits. I do however appreciate people pointing out things.. Makes my list of things to do longer :)

No, no mention of it having been repaired and in the moment I didn't see the signs like I should have and bought something that needed more work than I thought :/

Clio 172
Lovely colour car looks well. Ignore the critics/negative comments. The suggestions for what you doing to it sound spot on. Personally I'd only change the plates and get the washer blanks painted for now.

LY FF182
Thanks!! I like the washer blanks too!! But agreed the number plate needs attention! Will be getting front and rear clear plates when I've completed the next couple things on my to do list. Nearly got all the bits for a front end bush refresh, should be getting in touch with BTM about a new exhaust and want some new tyres.

Wayne, I'm sure there's some of these wheels in the sale section!! Want them as spares but don't have enough money at the minute!!

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, love LY clios :D
you never know on the front end, black xenons some people buy them to make the lights look better, and blanking off the jets if they don't work for an MOT.
You never know whats happened with a car...
So as long as its drives fine and its not crabbing along the road it should be good :D

LY FF182
Looks good, love LY clios :D
you never know on the front end, black xenons some people buy them to make the lights look better, and blanking off the jets if they don't work for an MOT.
You never know whats happened with a car...
So as long as its drives fine and its not crabbing along the road it should be good :D

Exactly my thoughts, the front end will get repaired and put back to how it should be but at the moment it'll do.. Oh and I had a closer look the other day, the xenons look more grey than black in the flesh. Have never seen two sets side by side so don't know how dark or light the grey should be.

LY FF182
So today was fun, fitted the new tax disc holder in the cliosport member pack and the sticker, sticker in the pass side rear quarter window :D gave the car a wash and fitted some 10mm rear axle spacers I git from Ed.innit a while ago. To be honest could have done with 15's but might look at different wheels which will make the wheels close to the arches. Before and after pics;

52_zps9691c588.jpg

After;
53_zpsce95ffc6.jpg

What you think? If anyone has a set of 15's they think are too much and wanna swap give me pm!!

Thanks

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Hey, nice car my favourite up there with racing blue! I'm often over Hinckley way used to work in Lutterworth near the police station but haven't seen this around.

How much was the dyno in Hinckley btw?