ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

back jet washer on cup spoiler

Renault 182

Hi

does anyone have this problems with the cup spoiler and the back jet washer.

Mine is not working, so its going in next week, however our other clio has the cup spoiler on and the back washer doesnt work on that either??

normal or what??

Clio 1.4, SV650S

maybe its the windscreen wash motor.

well not the motor, but the valve that switches between front and rear spray.

to spray the back window the motor runs the opposite way to the front washer jets. a bit of rubber in a plastic tube slides accross and blocks off the tube to the front jets and exposes a second hole that sends water to the back jet.

over time the rubbber swells up and the valve no-longer works... so the back window wont gert sprayed.

you cant buy just a new valve, need to buy the whole motor. dont forget to get the washer that seals the motor to the windscreen wash bottle in-case yiou loose the one thats there already. (cos i did and the motor wouldnt fit back in place!)

hope this helps

Clio 1.4, SV650S

except ive just seen that youve got a 182 so i wouldnt have thought that the rubber seal could be f**ked already!

Yaris Hybrid

I once made a premixed solution of screenwash in a 5 litre bottle and after hardly anytime there were these blue strands floating around. These must clog things up pretty quick.

I now make sure I use the washers regularly so that the screen wash is always being replaced by fresh stuff and constantly kept flowing. I wash my car once a week and if I havent used my washers during that week I will hold them both on for 5 to 10 seconds just to keep the solution moving before I wash the car.

In my old Vectra the screenwash filter would get blocked up if you used a cheap screen wash and didnt keep it flowing so something similar might have clogged up in these cases.

Ford Fiesta

mmm, good point Toypop might start doing that myself, i have been using the pink renault screenwash up until now.