ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back seat fold-down button/escutcheon, replace - how?

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
I'm talking about the button that is used to fold down the rear seats, adjacent to the head-rests.

I'm sure this must of happened to others - the seat-belt clip that is incorporated with the button has broken, as anyone successfully replaced the button or escutcheon, how is it attached to the seat, how can it be removed/replaced, does the seat have to be dismantled, etc. etc. any useful advice appreciated.

Thanks.

extreme flamer
I done this last week.
To get to the little button you need to unfasten the zip round the outside of the seat, pop the little plastic clip out from the back of the seat, pull the material on the side of the seat over the metal piece which secures the seat to the car. When this is done get your hand/arm inside the seat and you should be able to feel a metal bit near the top of the seat/ the button, there is 2 little plastic clips either side of the switch wedged under the metal part mentioned before, push one clip with your finger and hold that side upwards until you unclip the second side, once the second clip is undone it just lifts out and the new one clicks into place then put the seat back together.
I done it with the seat out of the car, I think it would be quite tight trying to get to the button if the seat wasn't removed (even with it removed I found it to be a pain).

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Gaz

That's just the sort of info I was looking for.

Wonder if you sourced a new part (if so where) or swapped one from an existing seat?

Thanks

extreme flamer
No problem,
I was swapping my seats over when I broke mines so I just swapped the good part from my old seat on to my replacement seat, I'd offer to send you one but the only spares I have are 2 broken ones which would need glued.
I would try renault, renparts or somewhere like that, if they can't get you one try your local scrapyard and see if you can buy just the back half of a ripped/stained/grubby back seat with the part you need for a decent price and swap it onto your seat.

'02 ph2 172
Just done that . Quite simple job (like for clio 2.0 in which many things is nightmare to do :tongueclosed:) . Seat stay in car, not need to remove it. Go inside trunk:), then just unzip the zip from rear half of seat and You can see the down part of plastic socket with push button. Take long screwdriver and unclip one side + pull one side of socket up, then do same from second clip. Done :).