ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to standard 172 cup

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
Since i last posted some pics up of the Cup ive made a few small changes to goet it fully back to standard as i want to make it my aim to own one of the cleanest stnadard 172 Cups around!
Firstly after fitting new genuine Renault rear discs and pads 1500 miles ago i noticed this,:eek:
DSCF1174.jpg

wasnt best pleased so took it to renault to see if they could change the discs under warranty but unfortunately after their investigation it turned out that the rubber boot had come off of the caliper, siezing the piston and causing the rear brake to stay on, hence overheating it and cracking it.
So ordered up some new Brembo rear discs and pads to go along with whe new front Brembo hc's i bought recently and also got a new rear caliper.
Next on the list was to remove the towing eye, carbon front badge and gear insert and replace the crap exhaust system and shagged exhaust mount! Got hlod of a v good condition 2nd hand cat back Genuine renault item and sold all the other bits and bought a std front badge and MINT gear insert, still with the numbers on! :) With the new exhaust fitted the car also seems to run a lot better
Fitted all the bits and treated the car to a Megs clay and wax session and engine bay and interior clean. was really impressed with the results and the paintwork looked sooo clean! Untill it rained on it 5 mins after id finished! lol did show up how well the water beads up though
23062011084.jpg

23062011085.jpg

new exhaust going on
15062011062.jpg

15062011063.jpg

So to sum up in the last 1000 miles its had
New Genuine rear shocks
Replacement genuine exhaust system
x4 Hankook v12 Evo's
Refurbed alloys
New wheel nuts and locking wheel nuts
new Brembo hc'front discs
New Brembo rear discs and pads
Replacement n/s rear caliper
clean, polish and clay and wax
car has only covered 65k with frsh and ive done just over 5 k in 1.5 yrs!
Pics arent gr8 as they are off a phone but will try and find a decent location and get some better ones.
Only things to do now is get it serviced and try and sort out a slight scuff on the rear bumber where some t*at hit it in the carpark:mad::mad:
any comments welcome
23062011089.jpg

23062011092.jpg

23062011091.jpg

23062011090.jpg

23062011087.jpg

23062011096.jpg

23062011094.jpg

23062011088.jpg

i was half tempted to paint it aswell! lol

Hey nick im not 2 bad m8! hows u? hear u might b putting your cup into a permanent track weapon?! btw ive still got all those spare wheel bolts in my van but havnt seen u since u gave me them! where u bin working?

i was half tempted to paint it aswell! lol

Hey nick im not 2 bad m8! hows u? hear u might b putting your cup into a permanent track weapon?! btw ive still got all those spare wheel bolts in my van but havnt seen u since u gave me them! where u bin working?

Yeah not bad mate! Yeah turning the clio into a racecar, you need to pay your membership so you can see my thread in the projects section! Hopefully I can get it road going within a couple of months, then we'll have to have a little photoshoot, standard vs racecar ;)

Been working all over the place matey, did a month and a half in London, then 3 weeks in Eton doing an Olympic project, then a bit of normal BAU and NGA, then went to Lemans ;) and finally atm doing a massive job for Virgin! So pretty busy! :) Where you been hiding then anyways? Hopefully we'll cross paths at work soon!

BG 182 FF
Really like it looks very clean, nice to see unmodified ones as well as modified ones.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
I've said it before but I'll say it again, a standard 172 Cup is the bomb my friend!! Any mods should be so subtle( or hidden under the bonnet), so that unless you spend hours of your life on here you wouldn't even notice!!

Yeah not bad mate! Yeah turning the clio into a racecar, you need to pay your membership so you can see my thread in the projects section! Hopefully I can get it road going within a couple of months, then we'll have to have a little photoshoot, standard vs racecar ;)

Been working all over the place matey, did a month and a half in London, then 3 weeks in Eton doing an Olympic project, then a bit of normal BAU and NGA, then went to Lemans ;) and finally atm doing a massive job for Virgin! So pretty busy! :) Where you been hiding then anyways? Hopefully we'll cross paths at work soon!

the photoshoot sounds like a good idea m8! wud b wel up4 that! it will be like seeing one extreeme to the other! didnt reailise u wer up london 4 that long, all of gerrys group seem 2 get the good stuff! me and mike are off on a cabling course next week tho so should be good, i take it u hear wot happened to andy johnson?!