ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Backbox

I have a Mk1 Clio 172 and the backbox has just fallen off. Kwik-fit have quoted me £250 and Renault a similar amount, fitted. If im gonna spend that amount, are there any non-Renault back boxes that fit on a Mk1 172? Also, I quite like the sound it makes with no back box (LOUD!), so I would like a fairly loud one too. Are there places to order them online that people have dealt with?

Any info would be great,

Cheers.

Where have I heard this before? :D

Get a custom made cat back if I was you, mid section is prone to rotting (did on mine) so you might as well get the whole lot done.

And get a decat while youre at it...

Thanks. I have already replaced the mid-section about a year or so ago ... so its probably knackered by now. To be honest, I dont know much about cars, so all this "cat back stuff" means little. Are there any places i can order one from? Or a website where I can look at prices? I dont mind paying a bit for something as im gonna be paying at least £250 anyway for a crappy Renault one!

Thanks a lot for those links

George16v - Im based in Swansea. I know someone who will fit it for me ... so i just need to order the right parts in really

Another question I have is would the back bumper have to be modified for a new back box to be fitted, as the standard Renault ones are hidden?

Thanks for the advice. I have ordered a Magnex Oval Backbox. I have seen pictures of these on a Clio .... some have a bit of the back bumped cut away and some dont ... has anyone got one of these things and not had to cut the bumper?

Thanks