ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Tuning & work shop work

Status
Not open for further replies.
  HBT 172 Cup
Mine made an alleged 320+ bhp, but only churned out 272bhp at SRR. Power figures aside the car drives well, its economical, and the fuelling is spot on (in car wideband). Car gets driven HARD, and i dont have holes in my pistons, cracked ringlands, or my engine block turning blue (lol). People can rightly bash from bad experiences but he can do some decent stuff also.

Interesting read in my lunch break though!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Right, this thread is about work carried out by KTEC, let's not go towards their resellers etc as this isn't the purpose of this thread.

Thanks.

But if people want to avoid a KTEC map, then surely they need to know who resells those maps as well? Otherwise how do they avoid them?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
But if people want to avoid a KTEC map, then surely they need to know who resells those maps as well? Otherwise how do they avoid them?

I agree with you Chip, but I don't want to start a slanging match in here about other companies.

In the interest of full disclosure then, Danny at 519 automotive re-sells KTEC components. This may include the map, although he does now do in house mapping.

Last edited:
  172, Tiguan
I must admit, i'm struggling to see the point of this thread continuing on much longer - the usual suspects all appear to have had their say, it's like taking a register at school!

It'd be nice if Ktec were to have their say and perhaps explain why this does appear to keep happening with worrying regularity, but I can understand why they probably won't.

Rob, lock it when you see fit. :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Rob - your idea of putting a sticky somewhere would be useful. I'm not going to add my experience / views until I have got all of the information I need, so to avoid me writing an identical thread in two months or so, I'd suggest keeping one open / trimmed down / stickied etc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Did the op inform K-tec of the problem? have they responded?
Already been covered. He knows so many people who have had problems he decided to go to Mwm to get it sorted instead of having to trust ktec with his pride and joy for a second time.

Yes i understood that, but i would still have called them to see what they say regardless of the situation.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They said the lambda sensor was the reason it was detonating its tits off from too much ignition? (Lambda sensor can't add timing)
And for not cold starting (lambda sensor isn't used till the engine warms up!)

did mike change lambda sensor or did he find it to be fine?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That would piss me right off. May have missed it but how far away are you from ktec? Have you sent them any info with the work you've got done?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
They said the lambda sensor was the reason it was detonating its tits off from too much ignition? (Lambda sensor can't add timing)
And for not cold starting (lambda sensor isn't used till the engine warms up!)

did mike change lambda sensor or did he find it to be fine?

Lambda should be fine chip. It was changed just after I rang them

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Strange just had a notification to say I've been quoted, never had that before lol. I would be doing that

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sadly I don't think you will get far legally.

getting a court to understand afrs etc isn't going to be easy.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Sadly I don't think you will get far legally.

getting a court to understand afrs etc isn't going to be easy.

Its more agg than its worth chip. Most importantly the car is now sweet & I have now voiced my opinion and letting people no it still goes on

U going ace monday mate?

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Lambda should be fine chip. It was changed just after I rang them

That was what they blamed for Ellen's map being so far out! Andy Cutler lied directly to my face knowing exactly who I was, saying the lambda adaptions had changed the whole map and was the whole reason her map had gone lean.

When I didn't buy that lame excuse, he then blamed conflicting code from the fast chip (Henk) map causing the lambda sensor to adapt the WOT map!

What actually scares me is he should know full well when the lambda sensor is used. It is NOT used a cold start up! Or at higher RPM at WOT!!!

Lambda seems to be his favourite excuse for everything.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
That was what they blamed for Ellen's map being so far out! Andy Cutler lied directly to my face knowing exactly who I was, saying the lambda adaptions had changed the whole map and was the whole reason her map had gone lean.

When I didn't buy that lame excuse, he then blamed conflicting code from the fast chip (Henk) map causing the lambda sensor to adapt the WOT map!

What actually scares me is he should know full well when the lambda sensor is used. It is NOT used a cold start up! Or at higher RPM at WOT!!!

Lambda seems to be his favourite excuse for everything.

He is full of s**t. He also uses the same excuse on ren uk aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.