ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Tuning & work shop work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
If there's such a bad rep for them, then how come they're still a trader on here??

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If there's such a bad rep for them, then how come they're still a trader on here??

Its not for the club admin to decide who is or isnt fit to be allowed to be a trader, not on matters of quality of workmanship at least.
If they were charging for parts and not sending that would be black and white enough, but things like this never will be.
Plus in all fairness they are a very good mail order company anyway, Ive used them myself in the past and wouldnt hesitate to do so again if I needed something and couldnt find it cheaper elsewhere.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The ktec f**k up sounds great. Im sure there will be more posts then things I like & dont like lol

I never named because I never wanted this to be locked. But I tried to make it as obvious as possible lol

Kyle, I assure you, a genuine thread about bad workmanship, as long as it doesn't turn into an 80 page slanging match will not be locked.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Kyle, I assure you, a genuine thread about bad workmanship, as long as it doesn't turn into an 80 page slanging match will not be locked.

Ok rob cheers buddy
I might try & edit it by naming them at the bottom. Its so obvious thou lol

Clio Sport 172 ITB
IMAGE_004.jpg

thanks ktec!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Im not posting the story- its not worth any agro.

Belts changed. Belt Shredded. > repaired.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What's the story behind this rather than all this mystery b****cks?

Agreed, bit of a pointless post there TBH steve!

Edit: well the update covers it :)

From what I have seen if it can be categorically proved that Ktec are at fault they WILL rectify as they arent stupid enough to want to end up in court, the problem though is with things like mapping and wrecking engines as a result, you wont ever get them to admit liablity like they have no choice but to do for a wrecked belt.

With Ellens for example, she attempted to get them to look at her car 4 times and kept getting fobbed off, it was only when she got definitive proof from MWM that her map was dangerous that they agreed to look at it, then Mike said they tried to make her sign some sort of non disclosure form before agreeing to fix it for her.
And even then, they wouldnt admit the original map was rubbish the blamed "ecu adaptions" for the fact it was now litter.

If they dont understand the adaptions well enough for a map they put on the ECU to not turn to litter half an hour later when you drive it home then they should NOT be mapping them in the first place, what use is a map that works ok for long enough for them to dyno the car but then goes dangerous shortly afterwards (thats if they are even telling the truth about what happened) and if that is the case why dont they warn customers they need a new map each time they drive the car, FLOL.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
i had to sign one of them. the staines grp saw that!

I assume Steve did too hence his reluctance to give details!

Its a pretty shocking state of affairs that your workshop/mapper ruins cars so often you actually have a form ready prepared for the customer to sign to promise to keep it a secret before you will rectify the work, its also not something they can legally force you do under the SOGA as far as im aware in that they have to rectify the fault whether you sign the form or not, but they figure people will take the easy option rather than go to court under SOGA, and hence they can hide all their mistakes as a result.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Agreed, bit of a pointless post there TBH steve!

Edit: well the update covers it :)

From what I have seen if it can be categorically proved that Ktec are at fault they WILL rectify as they arent stupid enough to want to end up in court, the problem though is with things like mapping and wrecking engines as a result, you wont ever get them to admit liablity like they have no choice but to do for a wrecked belt.

With Ellens for example, she attempted to get them to look at her car 4 times and kept getting fobbed off, it was only when she got definitive proof from MWM that her map was dangerous that they agreed to look at it, then Mike said they tried to make her sign some sort of non disclosure form before agreeing to fix it for her.
And even then, they wouldnt admit the original map was rubbish the blamed "ecu adaptions" for the fact it was now litter.

If they dont understand the adaptions well enough for a map they put on the ECU to not turn to litter half an hour later when you drive it home then they should NOT be mapping them in the first place, what use is a map that works ok for long enough for them to dyno the car but then goes dangerous shortly afterwards (thats if they are even telling the truth about what happened) and if that is the case why dont they warn customers they need a new map each time they drive the car, FLOL.

We weren't asked to sign the form, we were asked to enter into a verbal agreement with Andy Cutler that he would only fix if we gave him our word we wouldn't talk about it again. I'm sure Ellen will confirm this.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Bit gutted to hear this as they seem to be the only place that advertise this cam and map package drivein drive out style ... Who else does it and what's their price I'd like to have some wild cams in mine and a decent map was looking at the 428,s I believe as I love a lumpy idle and considering the cams are £750 £1300 didn't seem too bad fully installed and mapped....

RS Tuning do drive in/drive out cam packages.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I didn't get asked to sign anything- but I try not to get involved in threads with regards to other traders. Ive posted my experience in terms of what happened, but also showed they did repair it. -

That will be my final entry on the thread. -

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We weren't asked to sign the form, we were asked to enter into a verbal agreement with Andy Cutler that he would only fix if we gave him our word we wouldn't talk about it again. I'm sure Ellen will confirm this.

Thanks for the correction that it was an attempt at a verbal agreement not a form in Ellen's case, I obviously had her confused with one of the others threatened with the form, so many people getting different types of gagging order its hard to keep track of which is which, lol.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Last I heard when I spoke to chris it was still broken.
SC pulley fell off or snapped.

His now got a LY Turbo car.
He had both. the BG and the LY. Both done by K-Tec. FCS saw his BG die on the way there, K-Tec picked up, said it was fixed at FCS, Chris then RR'd it at FCS, it broke again. Pushed it back over to the stand and it was ushered away.

To this day I still don't think he has it back yet.

His LY is more reliable right now and actually works.

Lionel Richie
Is it the black one with carbon fibre wheels? 370bhp or so (but i swear that supercharger with no restrictor can only do about 330 at a push?)

Is it the black one with carbon fibre wheels? 370bhp or so (but i swear that supercharger with no restrictor can only do about 330 at a push?)

I think your probably right, mine is seeing 10psi peak at 7200. Before the new filter I was only seeing 8, I opens the restrictor out to 35mm from 31mm and saw no extra boost atall.

Evo 5 RS
I wish people would stop being so surprised by the on goings in Dorset :D

They push so much work through the door there is no way they get time to check everything properly.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

That's the one.
It was RR at 270 something, (ktec stated the 370) when I spoke to chris he said he had lost intreast in the car now and I belive it was sitting still broken.

Im sure chris told me that his yellow car engine was built by someone else.

Kyle knows more about his cars tbh.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

They are just dipped.

But yeah thats the one and he has the turbo ly one too which is soon to be on throttle bodies and turbo'd too like Ktecs blue one which is 400+ bhp.

He must get some special discount from ktec the amount he hangs out the back of ktec.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They are just dipped.

But yeah thats the one and he has the turbo ly one too which is soon to be on throttle bodies and turbo'd too like Ktecs blue one which is 400+ bhp.

Turbo and bodies at once is quite difficult to map on most ECU's I would be quite surprised if their Gen90 can do it well, even if they knew what they were doing mapping, so I would be intrigued to see what it drives like after (the peak power is a peace of cake, its the low down transient stuff that will be hard)

Clio Sport 172 ITB
Hello stranger!

You still got the old girl? We need to have a Staines meet again, they were a good laugh especially with the hero drives at night in the winter lol

look in the parts for sale james :( she is being split! i now have a 4 month old and moving out in november so lifestyle change was needed

have a mazda 3 MPS now soon to be running about 360bhp

mapped by someone that knows what there doing also ;)

big boost cup

Thats what mine was meant to produce in the same setup pretty much. Got RRd somewhere else and 291 is what it had.
His black one died charger fell to pieces on the dyno at Ktec so they are fitting there "471hp" turbo TBd one in his car with the plans of more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.