ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Tuning & work shop work

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
After saving up hard for ages I thought I'd treat my cup to some 438 cams along with the cambelt being changed

So I brought the car home and all seemed ok until I started getting a few cold start issues. I rang the place up and they informed me that it would be my lambda sensor. Got it changed still not starting from cold

So after hearing a few stories I was instantly alerted and took it to a recommended place for a check up

It turns out that the £1300 I spent on this package was totally wasted as the map was totally shocking & that the cam timing was miles out

My Afr logs were

1000 - 19 AFR
2000 - 16
3000 - 15
4000 - 15
5000 - 14.5
6000 - 13
7000 - 11.5
Limiter - 10.2

Map was dangerously lean & far to much ignition causing the knock sensor to remove ing timing due to det at WOT. 32 Degrees to be precise

Cam timing pics

ru2eveda.jpg

anyta3ez.jpg

mevuteha.jpg

Sorry about the poor pics

I was hugely disappointed when I found out how bad it was after paying the money for the package I will now never go back there or spend another penny with the company. Im not one to rant but I think people should no about this as it could happen to them also

The car was dyno'd at 195.8 by the place that carried out the work
it was re dyno'd at 180.1 at a local RR

Car is now running amazing thanks to the huge effort & time the person who sorted it put into my car

All initial work above was carried out by KTEC Racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
So glad it's all sorted Kyle. It's f**king disgusting that a company as big as them have carried out such shoddy work almost costing you an engine. Will be very interesting if they chirp up!

Cup In bits
K-tec do 438 cam packages :quiet:

I would say the pictures are deceptive on the cam timing but your map should have been better.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why take a screen shot of a picture, then post the screen shot? Always confuses me why people do that.

however shocking work, name and shame.

Get it dyno'd at the same place it made 180 would be good to see the difference.

Did you not contact k-tec? What did they say? Offered to try and correct it?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
My car was running like a dog. The map was so dangerous. Any longer and the engine would of let go. The guy cannot map for s**t. I no that im now on a long list of s**t work they have done on cars. But people still go back and I want people to no what they are like

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
K-tec are good for mail order, but if you actually give them a car to work on, no garage is worse, with the possible exception of Alan Jeffries.

He thought they were good at the time. Only when he had someone who knows how to map a car using a wideband sensor and det cans he found out that he had a map that the AFR's that resembled a mountain range.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was going to ask why you went there too. I've been on here long enough to know I wouldn't take my car there, not that I have a Renault anymore.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
K-tec do 438 cam packages :quiet:

I would say the pictures are deceptive on the cam timing but your map should have been better.

It was quite a way out mate, it was evident when mike was mapping it that something was physically wrong with the engine as it wasn't responding how it should have done, which is why the cam timing was checked.

Cup In bits
It was quite a way out mate, it was evident when mike was mapping it that something was physically wrong with the engine as it wasn't responding how it should have done, which is why the cam timing was checked.

No doubting that, just saying the pictures are deceptive and the horsehoe has been moved from the inlet to exhaust cam picture.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Was going to ask why you went there too. I've been on here long enough to know I wouldn't take my car there, not that I have a Renault anymore.

It was back in nov last year when I had it done. I took the car off the road for the winter

Lesson learnt lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
It seems to me that with every car its the customer spends money they map it mega s**t engine goes bang customer then pays for a rebuild & then map it s**t again then they change the log files to what they should be so when engine lets go and customer complains they have proof that all is good when it aint when it leaves the workshop to cover their tracks

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Congratulations Kyle, you now have a great Cup in great shape thanks to Mike's top drawer mapping. Enjoy it!

(Time to lock thread before the inevitable?)

Status
Not open for further replies.