ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Badged up Bullsh*t

De-badging is the way to go.

The good thing about the 16v is that it looks so different from the rest of the Mk1 range that you dont need any badges. It only has "16v" on the side and "Renault" and "Clio" on the back.

Ive blacked out the "16v" on my side strips, which I dont think matters as people get the idea from the bonnet bulge, wide arches and bumpers.

But I wonder what would happen if you took the "Sport" and "2.0 16v" badges off a 172... it certainly wouldnt be as distinguished from the rest of the range then.

If i do get the cup i will be taking off the 172 cup badges on the sides, ill just leave the clio badge on the back. Id like to completely debadge it but the clio badge is attached with pins.

My Clio Cup was debadged this weekend took the Renault & Sport left the Clio on the back took fekin ages and the badges snapped. Also took the 172 cup badges off the door pilars, Just have the 2.0 16v silver ones on the side but decided they look ok & can stay... Just hope people think car is a wannabee & then smoke em..!!

(if you are an anorak though you can tell Cup by bigger rear spoiler more upright arial due to spoiler. The blank panels on the front where the washer jets are on a 172 lack of rear headrests... oh and the colour...damm!!)

Rob i think the Clio badge will come off it is just glued not pinned!!