ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Bagged Clio III*

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not my cuppa, but each to their own.

Don't get the whole 'I like it because it is different' rubbish.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Lol, indeed, and more to the point its NOT different, its just like all the other dropped on their arses scene cars, thousands of people all being "different" in exactly the same way, so nothing actually different about it in reality anyway.

You're different though chip.

Jus sayin

renault clio
Nice car and I think it's good
How your Trying to personalise it rather then just keep it the way it is keep up the work.

What ur plans for it?

Plans are a full retrim of the interior and I was thinking of mapping it but not too sure if I will or not..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You really aren't a fan of this are you :butt:

:D

A fair few people die every year as a result of bouncing off the road in cars with no suspension travel where they have been lowered too much, suspension is there for a reason, I think its a pretty stupid thing to lose your life over TBH, so Im very much against the whole "make your car handle far worse for some weird car fashion everyone is doing" type of mods in general mate.
As I said though, yours looks far better done than most and at least you can raise it up to have some travel again when you arent wanting to chav it about looking silly.

renault clio
A fair few people die every year as a result of bouncing off the road in cars with no suspension travel where they have been lowered too much, suspension is there for a reason, I think its a pretty stupid thing to lose your life over TBH, so Im very much against the whole "make your car handle far worse for some weird car fashion everyone is doing" type of mods in general mate.
As I said though, yours looks far better done than most and at least you can raise it up to have some travel again when you arent wanting to chav it about looking silly.

Fair enough, it has been professionally fitted so you cant really tar me with the same brush as people who lower their car too much, the people who cause those accidents are folk with cut springs etc , not people with professionally fitted air suspension that costs 2k...

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I love CS logic.

A 64 impala on bags; "awesome"

A mk3 clip on bags; "retarded"

Samez logicz in it y0?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fair enough, it has been professionally fitted so you cant really tar me with the same brush as people who lower their car too much, the people who cause those accidents are folk with cut springs etc , not people with professionally fitted air suspension that costs 2k...

If a car is driven fast round a corner with an undulation in it and its sat with no suspension travel when it does so, the laws of physics dont care how much money you have spent to get no travel or not.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Looks ruined. But I'm old @ 36 and drive a Ford Limo.

If I were 18 Again I'm sure i'd be man-juicin' my monitor. But I aint.

vauxhall corsa vxr
looks epic imo, seen it at fcs when paulbag owned it and i was a fan then but them wheels make it look far better, just add your own touches to it to make it your own good work

DCI100
Looks sick mate, i don't get the haters cause its bags lol can have it has low or has high as you want like you said :)

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
looks good on the new wheels. high 5 for the hate tho i didnt even get that much with my van... then again well see

Looking for 182
No offense, but it looks ridiculous being that low. How is that even drivable on the majority of the roads in the UK? How do you park if you want to head to the shops? What if you see a speedbump? Do you have a map with marked out roads of where you can actually drive that thing?

Each to their own I suppose.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
yet another that fails to understand air ride or who hasnt read the thread.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Whether it is on air or not and therefore useable, to my eyes it just looks constantly broken.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Whether it is on air or not and therefore useable, to my eyes it just looks constantly broken.

Indeed air just gives you the choice of looking gash or looking normal while all the time handling worse and being heavy.

Hydraulic rams and bouncing about is still cool though. Lol.

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
looks very nice, like how you've left it clean as possible, keep up the work!

Just to add, people who dont understand air ride, do your homework before you call it impractical :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

Just to add, people who dont understand air ride, do your homework before you call it impractical :)
We have. Air pwns all apparantly.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Who on this thread doesnt understand air ride though? Its not exactly complicated its just a case of you can raise and lower your now worse handling and heavier car up and down. Practical for getting over speed bumps, just rubbish from a handling point of view, to the point of being dangerous if the user is silly enough to actually drive around at speed with it sat with no room for travel.

Only person I have noticed so far on this thread not understanding it properly from the point of view of handling implications is the car's owner TBH

Evo 5 RS
I don't hate it. It looks nice, for sure. But it's still dumb. You don't see people praising buses when they stance to the left to let the elderly off.

Lad in the office who's 18 just said it would look 'right if it didn't have that s**t kit on it lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Who on this thread doesnt understand air ride though? Its not exactly complicated its just a case of you can raise and lower your now worse handling and heavier car up and down. Practical for getting over speed bumps, just rubbish from a handling point of view, to the point of being dangerous if the user is silly enough to actually drive around at speed with it sat with no room for travel.

Only person I have noticed so far on this thread not understanding it properly from the point of view of handling implications is the car's owner TBH

Tbf, I'd wager that the owner really doesn't care about the handling from a performance point of view. Low is a lifestyle, init blad.

It's not for me, but it's well done for what it is.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Tbf, I'd wager that the owner really doesn't care about the handling from a performance point of view. Low is a lifestyle, init blad.

I agree, I didnt say he cared about it, just that he doesnt understand it judging by his previous "better than any coilovers comments" etc with regards to handling.

It's not for me, but it's well done for what it is.
Agreed, its a good example of a cleanly presented "mad lowz init" style of car that is now a very common theme to follow at the moment. Especially by all the kids "trying to be different" by all doing the same thing ironically, lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Gotcha.

Oh, and it's all about the indervijuwality, init. It's just a fad though, when I was 16 I wanted to build a corsa B with flip paint. Lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Gotcha.

Oh, and it's all about the indervijuwality, init. It's just a fad though, when I was 16 I wanted to build a corsa B with flip paint. Lol.

Lol, I knew someone who spent 10s of Ks on visual mods to a nova, hateful thing it was.

Again he was of the opinion at the time that he was being "different" with mad flip paint and a jap style bodykit etc,and so did all the countless other people who were being different doing exactly the same thing more or less, lol

renault clio
I clearly do know what I'm on about Chip

I know two people, one with a mk5 golf on air and one with a mk4 r32 on coilovers. The r32 could not keep up with the golf around the corners.

That was what I was meaning with the spending 5k on air can make the handling better than 1k worth of coilovers.

Do your research on air before you start slagging it....

(I'm not saying mine handles better than coilovers on its current air setup, I'm just stating what I meant in previous comments)