ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Banderson's BG 182 (something different)

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Oh, sorry! It's not finished...still left to polish off the 'Renaulsport' on the plenum :) but leaving this till close to FCS so it's nice and shiney :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I do like this :)

Liking the red touches in the engine bay. I have the same red wheel strip on parts of my car and it's so versatile. Always looking for other places to put it. I need to respray my grill and really liked the strip you did on yours on previous page ;) lol

Have you thought about painting the "Renault sport" on the inlet red instead of polishing it? Would tie in nicely with the red/black theme you got going on.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
I really fancied doing something inside so I ordered myself some alcantara and having a go myself at recovering a few bits (inspired by austin_182) :)

Firstly I wanted to do something a little different than seen before as the standard motion sensors look 'out of place'
so stripped all the wiring back to the loom and disconnected the interior motion sensors (to remove from the trims properly). Then once removed started to respray the casings :)

Original
3d99b270.jpg

Primed
47f0acc0.jpg

And painting
bbb83356.jpg

d694d7c0.jpg

Whilst they dried, I got on with recovering the a-pillar. Trims ready for the painted parts! (sorry, no before or during pics of these)

And finished :)

eedcaa33.jpg

539aa57f.jpg

And the sensors
326b1b64.jpg

8eccc2f3.jpg

20f48724.jpg

Sorry for the lack of dash strips etc. that's because I'm waiting for these to turn up ;)

57779e2d.jpg

31675401.jpg

Courtesy of sprayshack, done in BG with red decals ;)

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Also had a go at the interior wing mirror covers and B pillar trims (no pics of b pillar ones yet though)

ab7338a2.jpg

1f4b4662.jpg

Decided to clean up my N/S headlamp to as started to haze (by no means the worst but still bugging me)

5580a0e1.jpg

b8982501.jpg

And done:
07c43e4c.jpg

d62ec614.jpg

Also on saturday, Give my car a nice 9 1/2 detail (first attemp machine polish included ;) )

288ecde8.jpg

1feda502.jpg

976699ee.jpg

bcadec97.jpg

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Thanks Dr Jekyll :) I have considered the Renault sport in red but I thought it may be too much? (and very fiddly lol) plus I have the polished parts and the polished lip on my wheels ;)

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
And I have also been reconsidering that stripe through my grille :) looks kind of aggressive :p

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
haha :p cheers!

i will pm you si with the details of the alcantara, its not quite a spot on match unfortunately but it is fairly close.
the dash strips etc i got done at sprayshack on here, give them a PM mate they are very helpful! may take a few pms though or a while to recieve one as they like to know they are dealing with someone who is DEFINITELY interested in having work done :)

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
been a few weeks and ive been doing quite a few little touches to the car, i have a small update but not all of them as get exited and keep forgetting to take photos :eek: haha

the dials in the 1*2's have always looked a bit 'drab' to me so i set about removing them :) when i had them all apart, i really wanted to paint up the surrounds etc to incorporate my colour scheme and just do them a gloss black (instead of dull grey) but until i get a donor unit i am not going to spray it. lol

so i just done the 'rings' around the dials with a red pinstripe:

1731abe5.jpg

6e47db71.jpg

15d26dcf.jpg

will get a full picture soon ;)

personally i think i has improved them so much!!

i then also decided to cover my handrake gaitor, ashtray and cigarette lighter in Alcantara ;)

4e78a65c.gif

894df3db.jpg

5b2f8832.jpg

will be some more changes to come soon i should imagine, so keep your eyes peeled :)

Arctic 182FF
Love the attention to detail, you've gone further than any other i've seen on colour scheming and it looks great. I respect that you're doing something different because you see so many that look identical on here (probably mine included at the moment) but I'm really not a fan of the alloys. I would've just got spacers on the standard ones and got them sprayed black or red to keep the colour scheme

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
thanks for the replies :) i love doing all the little touches, but it is very easy to go too far and make it look tacky (hope no one thinks i have already :rasp:)

as for the alloys, its something different!(nothing wrong with being a sheep but i dont want to be one ;) ) i personally think they quite suit it... although, i am starting to get a little bored of it and thinking of something a little different to give it a wider stance and a bit of a facelift to how it is now.

hope fully more to come in the next few days ;)

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
So as promised, a little update :)

I decided to go for something a little different to what I'd normally would,
so this arrived on Tuesday

null-8.jpg

proceeded to unwrap it...and yes :) I had bought a flocked dash top!

null-18.jpg

Been finished really nicely! but it had a few discrepencys, and with me being very OCD/anal I don't know how long I'll put up with it.
The bottom bar underneath dial surround was broken, had bubble wrap marks (slowly lifting out) and a few clips on the back were broken :(

null-17.jpg

null-11.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-25.gif

I got hold of the guy that done the dash and he agreed its not looking in good shape, so he's getting on to the courier service as it was insured! :) great communication!

But before I know all of this I got impatient and fitted it :rasp:

null-6.jpg

null-9.jpg

To:
null-32.jpg

null-30.jpg

Its still growing on me, and if it becomes a pain to keep clean...it's coming out!! Lol
hope you like :)

Wow. Love this so much!!
love all the little touches you'v put into this also makes a 100% diffrence!
Keep up the good work.

Rs200
amazing my fav car on cs atm. love the little touches! cant wait until i can finaly insure something like this. just WOWOWOWOW

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Wow! Thanks for the comments :) I still has a long way to go but it's getting there lol just wish someone would throw some money at me because I'd love to go for a little BOOST ;) lol

Dmallett - how's your car? Didn't do any damage did ya the other day? Good to see everyone up at snetterton though :)

I was lucky, and that teaches me to be childish in the rain ha.

Splitter took a hit and is scuffed, thats the only thing wrong thankfully!

Also no one will weld my exhaust tip back on :( (This didnt happen thursday though ha)