ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bangin' brakes

clio,ka,calibra turbo
my girlfriend has a v reg 1.2 clio and its been of the road for nearly a year,its had a new gearbox fitted and when we have got it back there is a loud banging/knocking noise as you brake and with each bang the brake pedal bites hard all over. Also the STOP light on the dashboard is on permanently. when i got the car the rear brake was seized on so i had to rock it back and forward to free it up.under the bonnet i have noticed a white/grey wire coming out a black box on the right hand side of the engine bay(ecu?) is cut and "shorted together?" and it looks like it should go to a red round rubber button thing also on the right?
any help or ideas would be much appreciated, thanks

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
my girlfriend has a v reg 1.2 clio and its been of the road for nearly a year,its had a new gearbox fitted and when we have got it back there is a loud banging/knocking noise as you brake and with each bang the brake pedal bites hard all over. Also the STOP light on the dashboard is on permanently. when i got the car the rear brake was seized on so i had to rock it back and forward to free it up.under the bonnet i have noticed a white/grey wire coming out a black box on the right hand side of the engine bay(ecu?) is cut and "shorted together?" and it looks like it should go to a red round rubber button thing also on the right?
any help or ideas would be much appreciated, thanks

Loose wire from the ECU could be the cause of the STOP light although it may be something to do with the ABS which would also explain the knocking and movement from the pedal you were talking about.