ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain Performance Meter (Under £40!)

don't

over £30 more expensive though :-( almost double price m8, prefer 2 wait awhile really as i am fairly skinto at moment

Ive had mine for a few months. Good at what it does obviously not 100% accurate but consitant. Only problem is it makes u rag ur car more than usual.G ood laugh to use in all ur mates cars. Still a bargain and normal air mail with insurance arrived in four days with no customs charges..

tempted tempted.

anybody compared the figures to say 1/4 mile figures and RR days.

i mean i know obioulsy u would take the reading with a pinch of salt, but is the accuracy fair?

Im still waiting for mine.

Its never going to be spot on, but for £30 it should be a bit of fun.
Will get some pics when it arrives, and run a few tests.

kingJimBob, get one!

I ordered one last week and are waiting for it now, would be class if another RT owner got one at least then there could be some comparisons done :D

don't

are they easy 2 set up on the caR???

much work needed etc?? or nice and simple 10 min set up job and ur ready 4 whatever u like??

bit skint at mo but might look in2 this within nxt few weeks

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

dont these things work by dectecing spikes in the power going to the cig lighter? my mate bought one and said it was good but i dunno if ill bother.

Quote: Originally posted by David on 03 August 2004

dont these things work by dectecing spikes in the power going to the cig lighter? my mate bought one and said it was good but i dunno if ill bother.
They work using a g force meter thingy!! Nothing to do with the cig lighter!

Clio 1.4, SV650S

i got 18. something for the 1/4

11.5 0-60

what a beast eh!!??

will have to get it out again and have a play. theres not a hell of a lot you can do with em unless you get a new car or do some mods.

Quote: Originally posted by entjm on 03 August 2004

i got 18. something for the 1/4

11.5 0-60

what a beast eh!!??

will have to get it out again and have a play. theres not a hell of a lot you can do with em unless you get a new car or do some mods.

ill have ya heheheheh ;), does it tell you your speed at the end of the quarter or do u just look at the speedo lol?

don't

ok some1 tell me how these r fitted, do u plug it in cig lighter or what??

do u need 2 fit it or anything like that 2 do with the wheels?

just some more info as dont wana have a mission of setting it up right etc??

cheers
.Dave.

Well i dont really know what to make of it yet.

I tried it on a 1.2 16v 2002 plate dynamique today.
The book 0-60 is 13 point something seconds.

I didnt get a very good start and got 10.62 0-60 ??
Only mod on that car is induction kit.

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 04 August 2004

Well i dont really know what to make of it yet.

I tried it on a 1.2 16v 2002 plate dynamique today.
The book 0-60 is 13 point something seconds.

I didnt get a very good start and got 10.62 0-60 ??
Only mod on that car is induction kit.

I got 9.74s & 17.51 @81.5 MPH (1/4 mile) in my RT :) , i just cant be arsed to find decent roads today and its too hot anyway! even the one i did that on had a slight up hill as i hit 70 mph :(

Elise/VX220/R26

I got one of these from the geezer in the US that sells them on ebay. They are accurate my 1/4 mile time was within 1/10th of a second to what I get at york. You just need to find a flat road.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by defusionx on 04 August 2004

ive ordered one, got an email saying it was posted on the 2nd (with usps airmail insured) so just got to wait now
what payment did you use mate?

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Watch out for import duty on these as i was stung for £17.50 on the import duty and insurance tax or some rip off sh*t like that :mad: not the sellers fault but the ripoff delivery firm.