ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic spec Renaultsport Clio Race Series

Cooksport Fleet
Tony.... I've been paying attention to the initial proposed rules etc and have had one thought going round. If people are limited to standard suspension, wouldn't this cause perhaps excessive tyre wear which in turn would result in extra cost in the long run?? We ran my road car round the track last year with the dunlops on and although it was entertaining cocking a wheel on every corner, it wasn't great for graining and wear.

Is there something to be said about off-the-shelf suspension kits?? We only paid about £650 for ours and it's done us pretty well so far!

It will happen with standard camber... However Tony mentioned using camber bolts iirc!

I wouldn't worry too much, racing is not the same as a track day.... You get much less track time, less fuel, less tyres etc.

182cup & 172 racecar
They've been sent to the series organiser, nothing else I can do now.

And this thread title is very misleading, it's not just for Clios ffs.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
I did question this earlier and was told Clios, only as who would monitor other makes of cars?

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Don't mind me... just making sure this doesn't drop into oblivion (threads after a certain date seem to disappear) :)

182cup & 172 racecar
No not yet, still waiting for my email from steve.

Oh and hi, I've been at pevensey bay all week, think I am a week too late with the weather.

RS Clio 172 Cup
Im looking to get into wheel to wheel racing at some point from currently competing in MSA sprints. (Need to do my ARDS test and get a license yet though). Have looked at 750 Stockhatch and Tin Tops and was very interested in the 750 182 Cup series until I researched further and read some comments on here. Gonna see how next season unveils.

Therefore id be very interested if this "standard series" got off the ground. Sounds difficult to finalise some regs though

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Me too!

2013-09-21_14_41_35.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
Regs are out for it now Dan/Willo. Sign up to the TrackAttack forum and speak to the organiser to get a copy so you can have a good read and decide if that's the series that suits you.

Nick

Steady Nick, these are proposed regs, not final. But not much will change really, just be careful how you word things. ;)

I know I'm on here now, but when I do get some time, I will put them on here.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It moved on Saturday.. about 65miles..

2013-09-21_12_59_39.jpg

Not sure my camber gauge is right though :dapprove:

I didn't asked if it moved, I asked if you drove it!you should be a politician dodging questions like that!