ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery choice help

Renault Clio 1.5Dci
Hi all.
I am in need of a new battery for my 54plate 1.5DCi clio but I have no idea what type I need as they all have different amphour and cca, the battery in the car is of no help as who ever had it before seemed to have taken all the stickers off of it any advice would be appreciated or links to websites that sort of stuff.

Thanks,
Yivo

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
My advice would always be to go for a slightly bigger output than the one that is correct spec
Nice to have a powerful battery. usually only 4 or 5 pounds more

Renault Clio 1.5Dci
Thanks guy. So something like this should do the job? http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Renault_Clio_1.5_2004/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-
lighting/electrical/car-battery/?444770757&am
p;1&4bb54698ed38769da6dff9641ec1b5d91b5c0
dcf&000020

Is there anything bad that could happen by putting a battery with a higher amp hour and cca on the car?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
The main problem you will have will be fitting any bigger battery into the space provided. Don't think there is any issue with the alternator charging it up, unless its way over sized

The way I look at it, they recommended a certain boiler for my house, then I asked it to be upgraded to the next size. Cold crank ams output is the main one to watc

and make sure the terminals (Round or flat) are the same as you have