ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery draining - door related - ready to cry

Octavia vRS tfsi
To set the scene, on Sunday out of the blue the battery on the car was dead. I jumped the car in gear and drove around for a while. The charge held the rest of Sunday, Sunday night and all of Monday - but on Monday morning the driver side window had stopped working. Tuesday 9am the car was dead again. Again I jumped in gear and the charge was still in the car at 11.30 that morning. At 5 ... the car was dead again, so another jump start was needed. I left it at home today and have been just been out for a fiddle ... and it's dead again. Jumped in gear and drove around for while.

Whilst turned on or turned off there is a "thunk" coming from the drivers side door, which seems to be coming from the bottom corner closest the car i.e. in behind the speaker. It is occurring even when the car is turned off so I'm 'assuming' that this is what is causing the battery to drain. I'm also 'assuming' that this "thunk" is related to the fact that the drivers side window has stopped working. I haven't been able to find a fuse to pull that will stop this from happening.

Can anyone lend any advice? Has anyone experienced this before? I'm really in a pickle.

Ian

Last edited:
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
Not really sure but maybe taking the door panel and disconnecting the window switch for a night and see if the noise stops and if the battery stays charged. From memory, the drivers windows opens without the key in, so maybe the switch is stuck in the closing position, hence why you can't open the window and why its draining the battery. Just a guess mate, but maybe worth a try.

Octavia vRS tfsi
A good idea, but one that I've explored Vish. I pulled the fuses for the elec windows but it has had no effect unfortunately.

Octavia vRS tfsi
Full closure Clifford alarm system was constantly trying to close the windows when the car was switched off and draining the battery! Disable the feature - sorted!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Ahh good on getting it sorted mate. I want to get full closure on my alarm.