ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

battery/immoboliser issues!!

98 clio mark 2 1.2 s reg

hi ive had a few minor problems with my battery before but all have been sorted relatively easily!

this time on completely random occasions when i try to start my car it ticks but makes no rev noise at all??

i have worked out how to fix the problem, i just take off the red connecters on the battery and re-connect, then the car starts fine!

am i right in saying that this is restarting my cars computer?? as my clock is always reset to 12 o clock??

i am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the battery and am thinking it may be the immoboliser? any help or info on this would be greatly appreciated !!

cheers j

TeZ

Non RS : (
i often just lock unlock lock unlock then try to start instead of disconnecting.

TVR Griffith
Just had the same problem - I think it is probably due to the poor connection on the battery terminals. Clean and refitted very tight and problem seems to be cured.