ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Life

Vectra
Right, earlier tonight my battery died and I had to call the AA now I only got the battery replaced about a year ago from the AA.

Now I'm worried that tomorrow when I go to start the car the battery goes again, he told me it won't because the drive home should have re-charged the battery?? can this winter weather affect Battery life?

Thanks Tom

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If the battery is shot check your paperwork, most have at least 3 year warranty.

Vectra
I told the AA guy tonight that its under warranty, because I got it replaced from them about a year ago but he completely ignored whatever I said!

Could I phone the AA and tell the customer service? Because if I phone them out again I'll get charged because I haven't fixed the problem.

Ph1
I think they should have replaced it mate.

It no skin off their nose. Surprised as AA have always been spot on with any issues with my cars and vans over the years

Vectra
I know but he ignored whatever I said, I went to my local garage today and asked them could they check the % of the battery and he said its currently at 80% so nothing to worry about, I told him about the AA guy and he couldn't understand why he didn't replace the battery there and then with it being in warranty, so I'll be on the phone to customer service next week to complain.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
There warranty guidelines will probably be strict for a battery failure. Most require there to be an actual fault with the battery like a damaged cell, which is very rare rather than misuse such as short trips etc.

Vectra
I'm not just going to be calling them about the battery, I'm going to put a complaint in towards the guy that come out.