ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 1943

Firstly no, not a typo but what looks like a damn fine console exclusive game using Dices's frostbite engine that powered Battlefield bad company.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/battlefield1943/news.html?sid=6204167&tag=topslot;thumb;2

Given I love Battlefield games nearly as much as life itself this is a definate pre order, if only it wasn't download only via xbox live and PSN.

Also battlefield: Bad Company 2 had been announced with screens available on all gaming websites :cool: - perhaps i'll pre order that ;)

Just got that from the gamespot article mate but yeah some sites are saying it will be on pc too!

Bus w**ker
f**king awesome!

It's been rumoured for years now that this is going to be "BF3". I just hope that it doesn't suck balls like Bad Company did.

My god I'm so f**king sad, this has got me really excited lol.

Hey Bad Company is :cool:

Ok its a nerfed console version but if thats all we get then its still damn fine multiplayer action!

Bus w**ker
Looks like Wake Island map too - probably the next best map after El Alamein, imo.
:nono:

Road to Jalalalalalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaabad = WIN.

Shame that BF1943 will only be 24 player maps with no unlocks. But until the real BF3 gets released, as I much prefer modern day, this will have to do plus I've still got BF2 to fall back on...and 2142 if I really get desperate, and I mean REALLY desperate lol.

Integra Type-R DC2
Loving the Wake Island, best map from 1942 and BF2. As said, hopefully this wont be pap like Bad Company.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
:nono:

Road to Jalalalalalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaabad = WIN.

Shame that BF1943 will only be 24 player maps with no unlocks. But until the real BF3 gets released, as I much prefer modern day, this will have to do plus I've still got BF2 to fall back on...and 2142 if I really get desperate, and I mean REALLY desperate lol.

:nono::nono:

Road To Jalalabad (or whatever it was called) was never an original map within BF1942. Wake Island was. ;)

The lack of unlocks is disturbing. One of the things that made BF2142, imo. You've little to strive for if 25 minutes or 25 days into it, you've still got the same kit. Unless the maps are extraordinarily good and the gameplay even better, the 'no unlocks' idea is a bad one.

D.

Bus w**ker
:nono::nono:

Road To Jalalabad (or whatever it was called) was never an original map within BF1942. Wake Island was. ;)

The lack of unlocks is disturbing. One of the things that made BF2142, imo. You've little to strive for if 25 minutes or 25 days into it, you've still got the same kit. Unless the maps are extraordinarily good and the gameplay even better, the 'no unlocks' idea is a bad one.

D.
Yeah but...well I never played 1942 so I still win. :rasp:

One bonus to no unlocks is that everyone will be forced to use equal weapons. But that's it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but...well I never played 1942 so I still win. :rasp:

One bonus to no unlocks is that everyone will be forced to use equal weapons. But that's it.

ROFL! Ok! :cool:

Good point about the unlocks. But it's even more boring if there is one item that's better than the others. You'll end up with 20 of the 24 players using that alone. Ultra boring. :(

D.

Have heard some bad stuff about this today which is only 3 maps at launch and only 3 classes scout, infantryman and rifleman, all of which are equally good at vehicluar kills also unlimited ammo and regenerative health. Not so good!

Integra Type-R DC2
Have heard some bad stuff about this today which is only 3 maps at launch and only 3 classes scout, infantryman and rifleman, all of which are equally good at vehicluar kills also unlimited ammo and regenerative health. Not so good!

WTF... If thats the case, DICE are taking the piss. Royally.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Dear, oh dear. If that's true - WTF are they thinking?

They 'just' got away with four classes within BF2142 purely because of the unlock trees and that you could mix and match a whole host of options.

Personally, I would prefer say 8 or even 10 classes, but with limited kits. Maybe a primary weapon, sidearm and a 'kit' option per class. So an engineer would have a toolkit 'kit', an AT man, a single-shot anti-tank weapon, medic a medikit, etc. That would promote proper team-play online, rather than having several one-man-armies that can take on masses with their uber-kits.

D.

Bus w**ker
If that's true it's going to be a massive FAIL.

But in other news they are still developing BF2 as a new patch, including a map, is coming soon. w00t!

172 Cup
iwo2.jpg

iwo1.jpg

iwo3.jpg

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Looks tasty, but dice need to hurry the f**k up and release bf3.

Solo heli-whoring ftfw :approve:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Nah its better with a skilled gunner on board - which isn't me btw:eek:

Take it you play on pc yea? Add me on xfire if you fancy a game some point mate-am an average flyer so no worries on that front:cool:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not played for a while, as i've moved onto the xbox, never liked BF2, if thats the modern version? Controls where horrific!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Not played for a while, as i've moved onto the xbox, never liked BF2, if thats the modern version? Controls where horrific!

Thats the one yea mate, i'm the same for consoles now-can't play FPS on my bros 360 for s**t.

Sayin that, i heli with a 360 pad so can see where youre comin from. I'd be hopeless flying with a k/b! :dead:

Megane R26
Maybe we should get some Bf2 action on the go?

I have access to some servers we can use...

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Maybe we should get some Bf2 action on the go?

I have access to some servers we can use...

I'd be up for that. Plenty of pub servers still up and running through the ingame lobby.

brazo-sorry for the mini threadjack la.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
so looking forward to it for the PSN, what's the point system on this one?