ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bb Turbo Conversion?? Any Good Any Known Problems???

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
ive Not Long Bought A Bb 2ltr Turbo Conversion All The Works (new Everything Even Loom) 12.5k!

just Want To Know What People Think Off Them And Is Ther Any Known Problems With Them! ???

cheers!

R5 GTT & R19 16v
No troubles as far as ive heard, well i hope there isn't, im having same spec engine in my 5 as they have in theirs. 12.5k is that how much you paid for it?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
12.5k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you must be mad????????

the only problem u may have is them telling you to f**k off when it doesnt run

oh and u get no warrenty iirc

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Yepp!

Well I Never But I Bought The Whole Car For The Lump And Sticking It In My Clio !

Its Had All New Parts Tho! Starter Alatanator Williams Lump And New Gear Box Had To Get The New Loom From France As Renault Couldnt Get One!

Its Set At 9 Psi? Bout Right?

R5 GTT & R19 16v
9psi is there normal setup conversion, running about 200bhp they say, if you had all the works you should be looking at running a lot more psi than that. the full works basically their spec engine you can run in excess of 20psi. their basic conversion including fitting is jusy over 5k i think, a 2nd hand one worth even less than that, parts along only cost around 4k for the conversion. wiring loom over 100 quid. small over parts not even going to be over 1k. Think there was one of their converted cars going on ebay for 3.5k which weren't too bad. Think that clio on the site for sale is a joke though, who would buy a clio for 15k when its only running just over 200bhp.

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Got The Reciepts Here Totall Amount On The Engine And Box Is 10.367 Quid!

12.5k With Brakes Etc!

I Paid 5k For The Whole Car Newly Repainted Full Kit Brand New Wheels Etc Etc Going To Put My Lump Back In That And Hopefully Get Good Money Back For It Hopeing For Around 3.5-4k!

My Old Lumps Had 6.k Spent With Prima Done 800miles And Rr @ 194 Bhp Without The Nos.

All In All Ill Be Happy With Getting The Conversion For 2k Ish!

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Bigfoot said:
9psi is there normal setup conversion, running about 200bhp they say, if you had all the works you should be looking at running a lot more psi than that. the full works basically their spec engine you can run in excess of 20psi. their basic conversion including fitting is jusy over 5k i think, a 2nd hand one worth even less than that, parts along only cost around 4k for the conversion. wiring loom over 100 quid. small over parts not even going to be over 1k. Think there was one of their converted cars going on ebay for 3.5k which weren't too bad. Think that clio on the site for sale is a joke though, who would buy a clio for 15k when its only running just over 200bhp.

ITS BEEN RR @ 247 BHP! DONT FORGET THE COST OF THE WILLIAMS BLOCK BRAND NEW BOX AND ALL THE RIP OFF LABOUR CHRAGES FOR FITTING ALL THE EXTRS THE LOOM ALONE MUST HAVE TAKEN HOW MANY HRS? AND COST 350QUID PLUS SHIPPING!

I DONT MIND ANYWAY I NEVER PAYED IT FEELSORRY FOR THE BLOKE WHO DID HE ONLY HAD IT 9MONTHS DONE UNDER 4K IN IT AND LOST HIS JOB SO HAD TO SELL TO PAY THE LOAN BACK!

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
ben_p said:
id sell the mrk1 for 1-3k add my 12.5k = 15.5k and buy a real car

MATE YOU SHOULDNT JUDGE IT B4 YOUVE SEEN IT ITS GOTTA BE ONE OFF IF NOT THE MOST MODED CLIO OUT THERE NOT TO FORGET ITS GOING TO BE A COVER CAR FOR REVS!

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
The Whole Car Cost Me 5 Grand And Ive Still Got It To Resell With My Old Lump No Worries

R5 GTT & R19 16v
Why would you sell that clio when its the best modded one out there. wouldn't it be cheaper to just sell yours with your engine in there and just transfer what parts you want over to the new one? It has the low comp conversion then, which sounds about right for that sort of power. Im just after now a clutch, as the valeo one i have wont be too good for the power im going to run, Also after a clio 172 gearbox, main reason why i joined this forum. and need to get hold of a screen, so i can view loads of readings which my ECU is going to give as an output, cant wait to see that all up and working :D also found out that the ECU im having has two setups, so can run petrol saving setup at like 5psi, and also have another one which is like 18psi or whatever i decide to go for. This car is costing me a fortune lol, and i wont be selling it whatever the circumstances are.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
i had my 172 turbod at bbpt just after christmas.
only running 0.6bar boost! 250bhp.
everything is running great atm exept i have shattered my engine mount into peices!:(
im going to make a new one from steel at work!;)

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Bigfoot said:
Why would you sell that clio when its the best modded one out there. wouldn't it be cheaper to just sell yours with your engine in there and just transfer what parts you want over to the new one? It has the low comp conversion then, which sounds about right for that sort of power. Im just after now a clutch, as the valeo one i have wont be too good for the power im going to run, Also after a clio 172 gearbox, main reason why i joined this forum. and need to get hold of a screen, so i can view loads of readings which my ECU is going to give as an output, cant wait to see that all up and working :D also found out that the ECU im having has two setups, so can run petrol saving setup at like 5psi, and also have another one which is like 18psi or whatever i decide to go for. This car is costing me a fortune lol, and i wont be selling it whatever the circumstances are.

FAIR PLAY MATE SOUNDS NICE!

LIKE TO SEE IT SOMETIME,

WHAT ECU AND WERE YOU HAVING THE ECU DONE? SOUNDS INTRESTING!

YOU HAVE MISS UNDERSTOOD ME WITH MY CLIO M8,

MY CLIO IS THE SOON TO BE COVER CAR FOR REVS PERFORMANCE GTI R ALSO SURPOSED TO BE INTRESTD! (IM NOT BOTHERD A COVERS A COVER LEAVE THAT FOR THE DUDE AT THE BODYSHOP TO SORT OUT!) I HAD MY PRIMA LUMP IN IT TO BEGIN WITH AND THEN BOUGHT THE TURBO (5K) HAVE PUT THE TURBO IN MY CLIO AND MY OLD LUMP IN THE OLD TURBO!

NOW IVE JUST GOT TO SELL THE OLD TURBO CAR WITH MY OLD LUMP IN TO GET SOME MONEY BACK! (SKINNTTT!!!)

WOULDNT SELL MINE EITHER NEVER GET THE BLOODY MONEY BACK SO ITS GENNA ROT WITH ME!

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
heres a few pics, red ones the prima engine, blue ones the turbo. blue engines goin in the clio with the suicide doors.

Attachments

• Paul10.JPG
    Paul10.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Paul38.jpg
    Paul38.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Paul37.jpg
    Paul37.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Paul72.jpg
    Paul72.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Paul6.jpg
    Paul6.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 85
  2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
more pics clean engine etc

Attachments

• Paul76.jpg
    Paul76.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 76
  • Paul3.jpg
    Paul3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00230.JPG
    DSC00230.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00227.JPG
    DSC00227.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC00208.JPG
    DSC00208.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 82
  2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
will be selling this car soon with the red prima engine in it. the engine has had 8k spent on it and only done 800 miles. any interest let me know.

Attachments

• DSC00225.JPG
    DSC00225.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00223.JPG
    DSC00223.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00224.JPG
    DSC00224.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00226.JPG
    DSC00226.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 86
  R5 GTT & R19 16v
Its is BBPT R-Tuner Prgrammable ECU version 2. Setting it up on the road first of all but will more than likely get it rolling roaded sometime to see what sort of power its running at. Got myself the 172 gearbox on the way now, so just need to sort out a couple of more things. First of all was just going for their basic turbo conversion but change of plans and ive come away with a monster of an engine. Its just getting all the parts together to sort things out which is the most difficult part, still got the original turbo 1.8 16v conversion in the car which im sure will be up for sale once its out of my car, never ran and its been fully rebuilt.

Loving the Suicide doors on the car. Im sure ill see that about at shows next year.

Mine will be out and about everywhere i can go. Track days and going up santa pod next year. But also some of the shows like the FCS and trax. Ill sort out pics once its all completed in my car.

Bigfoot said:
Its is BBPT R-Tuner Prgrammable ECU version 2. Setting it up on the road first of all but will more than likely get it rolling roaded sometime to see what sort of power its running at. Got myself the 172 gearbox on the way now, so just need to sort out a couple of more things.
Might be a daft question but does the 172 gearbox you have come from a phase 1 / CUp as you'll need one unless your speedo input comes from something else as the Mk1's use the gearbox sensor to detect speed the 172 excluding the phase 1 some early phae 2 (very few) and Cups didn't have gearbox sensors as they use the ABS system.

williams 2
ralph wiggum said:
OOH f**k a duck must be good :rolleyes:

is revs still about! i havent seen it in the shops since 2003ish!?! :S

if thats the case your a little late!!

but love the blue one though keep that and fit the turb lump!