ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BBS wheels are off and cleaned up :p

K20 EG Hatch
I really need to become a paid up member again so i can post in other marques....

Anyways, gone back to standard wheels for the wet shitty weather and spent a few hours cleaning my bbs's up and i must say they have come up absolutely minted (pics dont do em justice how good they look imo)!

Car looks w**k though on 205 16's lol. And yes the car is filthy at the min :(

Next thing on the list is HID's which are on the way and then im going for some coilovers :D Oh and ofcourse get a new soddin splitter :(

DSCN1146.gif

DSCN1143.gif

DSCN1147.gif

DSCN1149.gif

K20 EG Hatch
My BBS's are 18" 10J on the back, 8.5J on the front :p

Im not sure how low it is Tom but there Tein springs, to be fair it handles very well on them too :D

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I had Tein S lines on mine. Didnt look that low to be fair! Why are you going for coilys if it handles well?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the BBS are laqured so would be reet in this weather as long as you keep them washed..

this way you get to go wow when you put them back on tho hehe

K20 EG Hatch
I still think it looks too high Tom, but now youv'e said that maybe I am wasting my money. Ever been in one with coilovers? If so what are they like? I bet the arse end just wants to come out even more with it obviously stiffening it up more?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Personally i wouldnt waste the money but thats just me. Sure you could get it lower but not much tbh. Are your tyres wearing evenly at the mo? As with coilovers i guarentee they wont without everything else to go with them...

Yeah i've been in one with coilovers plenty of times. They are a bit stiffer dependant on what springs you have now but i wouldnt say they handle much better at all. Thats where the other sus componants come into play.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mmm black 14a's...i still miss mine. Tbh coilovers arent really needed unless you want it decked imo..All depends what you want really.

Gee think i've seen your car on sxoc a bit. Wasnt it up for alot of money recently?

K20 EG Hatch
If it wasn't for me finding this one with only 19k miles from new I wanted a black one and was going to get a black one.

But looking at Gee's look how much better they look slammed lol. Ahh well I need to have a good think about going for coilovers or not :s

Cheers for all the positive comments and SXOC dont seem as friendly and as good as the geeks on CS ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've always found sxoc pretty good to be fair.

Just make sure if you do get coilovers you get camber arms etc too. They do look good slammed though! haha!

This your old motor yeah gee?

shaysxn7.jpg

Its sexual if it is or isnt...lol

if im not mistaken, this is the one i keep seeing parked up in a driveway not far from my road.. unless they are identical... the person i know is from edmonton/north london

Gee

EP3
This your old motor yeah gee?

shaysxn7.jpg

Its sexual if it is or isnt...lol

if im not mistaken, this is the one i keep seeing parked up in a driveway not far from my road.. unless they are identical... the person i know is from edmonton/north london

Yea thats outside the fellas house I got it off, from West Hounslow, London. All I did to the car was clean it up, fit new plates and the orange repeaters back on (JDM tyte :p) I sold it back to a fella from the same rough area of London strangley (I'm from Northern Ireland).

You dont want a 200 that low mate, believe me! Its solid as a rock and handles, er, poorly. Went like fook in a straight line tho :cool:

Is it on the road JLO? The fella I sold it to was for fitting a bigger turbo and forged internals. I nearly killed him on the test drive coming broadside out of a roundabout LOL

Last edited:

Yea thats outside the fellas house I got it off, from West Hounslow, London. All I did to the car was clean it up, fit new plates and the orange repeaters back on (JDM tyte :p) I sold it back to a fella from the same rough area of London strangley (I'm from Northern Ireland).

You dont want a 200 that low mate, believe me! Its solid as a rock and handles, er, poorly. Went like fook in a straight line tho :cool:

Is it on the road JLO? The fella I sold it to was for fitting a bigger turbo and forged internals. I nearly killed him on the test drive coming broadside out of a roundabout LOL

its in the guys driveway, ive never seen it move.. lol
i drive past it everyday..its been sitting in the same position for ages.. ill check out the plate to confirm... looks great though. :)

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Great looking cars how are they to drive, is it all tail out pant soiling action or do they handle ?

Black one looks like a spine tingler though UK potholes = bent rims!

Those BBS are nice nice nice, go well with the red of the car.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok trust me on this... if you go coilovers DONT GO CHEAP!!! if u want comfort dont go for apex ones... the cheapest i would go for is the driftworks controll system ones...

what people seem to forget is, everyone on sxoc big up apex... granted they are a good company and they have good customer service... HOWEVER!! 99% of the stuff they sell is cheap s**t that they get from china and brand apex!!!

their manifolds are the same as xspower they come from the same factory, they are made by the same people, except they are branded apex... bren and apex staff are more than happy to **** off xs power and other cheap makes but they are the same!!!

the apex coilovers are pap for comfort... they bang, they crash, they skip.... sit in a 14 or 14a or any 200 that has GOOD coilovers on and you will love them... the most comfortable and best upgrade that isnt gonna break the bank are the tein flex trust me on this, dont make the same mistake as i have in the past dont buy cheap stuff that is ok... but breaks quick... buy stuff that is more expencive and lasts...

i have been through 3 apex exhausts, 2 downpipes, 1 set of apex track coilovers (replaced both rears) 2 manifolds, set of apex strut braces... and they have all failed...

only cheap thing i bought that has stood up was a xspower front mount lol... and that included a head on crash lol!!!

im now replacing my exhaust, coilovers already changed my braces for cusco ones... same as when i put new calipers on i wont be going for k sport s**t either ... its all from the same place... its good cos its cheap... but you have to replace it every 6 months to a year lol... you may aswell buy good and keep it longer...

DSC_0018.jpg
thats mine on coilovers... on nasty shitty apex ones lol.... they good for drifting... and tbh they handle really well but they are bumpy and crashy as f**k... friend of mine complains when she gets in the car cos it gives her "tit ache" from the coilovers lol

and as for handling... there is a film on youtube of a s14a racing a integra dc2 on a touge pass, both heavily tuned, the silvia or 14a pisses on and i mean pisses on the teggy dc2 down hill and up hill... oh and its not down to driver skill either as keiichi tsuchia is driving the dc2 and is one of the best drivers the world has to offer !!!

K20 EG Hatch
Cheers for the reply Malice, have you got a link too that vid? Tried searching on youtube and cant find it.

I was gonna go for these driftworks ones as they look the tits

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/products/driftworks-control-system-coilovers.html

But now im not so sure, I dont mind spending the extra so Malice what would you recomend?

Im not into drifting, just want somat I can set lower than it is at the min and improve the handling (if possible) also not too stiff (im probly asking too much here aint i lol).

Cheers

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
them driftworks ones are supposed to be very good! they are loved by alot of people they were fine tuned by phil morrison for fast road as well as drift...

personally... i would go for tein monoflex http://www.tein.com/products/mono_flex.html them ones... srb can get them for you and i would deal with them or driftworks... i wont use apex unless i really have to!

the monoflex are supposed to be as comfy as the standard shocks with uprated springs... the most comfortable and best handling coilovers you can get... plus you can stick the edfc on it too if you want... there was a guy on sxoc that was looking to turn his sx in to the best handling but with comfort and he bought these but then sold his sx for a rx7 lol....

if you go for controll arms etc... i would go for the cusco ones they are so much better made... and you can get them from japan for the same price as the cheapy uk ones... saying that the driftworks arms are very very good!

basically no your not asking to much the mono flex are what u need!!!

1.6 focus zetec....
What did you clean your wheels up with dan?? Im planning on taking mine off soon to give them a good clean...

Also would you recommend metal polish for the lip or just a normal polish??

K20 EG Hatch
Thanks alot for your reply mate.

Just been having a good look at them and i've decided f**k it, im gonna get em lol. You only live once and all that and i've got the cash spare at the minute, its 275bhp and I think before any more power mods I need to sort the handling and the brakes.

So what do the control arms do then? Should i upgrade these two being as i'm spending so much on the coilovers?

them driftworks ones are supposed to be very good! they are loved by alot of people they were fine tuned by phil morrison for fast road as well as drift...

personally... i would go for tein monoflex http://www.tein.com/products/mono_flex.html them ones... srb can get them for you and i would deal with them or driftworks... i wont use apex unless i really have to!

the monoflex are supposed to be as comfy as the standard shocks with uprated springs... the most comfortable and best handling coilovers you can get... plus you can stick the edfc on it too if you want... there was a guy on sxoc that was looking to turn his sx in to the best handling but with comfort and he bought these but then sold his sx for a rx7 lol....

if you go for controll arms etc... i would go for the cusco ones they are so much better made... and you can get them from japan for the same price as the cheapy uk ones... saying that the driftworks arms are very very good!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Thanks alot for your reply mate.

Just been having a good look at them and i've decided f**k it, im gonna get em lol. You only live once and all that and i've got the cash spare at the minute, its 275bhp and I think before any more power mods I need to sort the handling and the brakes.

So what do the control arms do then? Should i upgrade these two being as i'm spending so much on the coilovers?

depending on how low you go will depend on what u need.... i would go with rear camber arms though... either get the driftworks ones or ask srb about cusco ones... i would speak to dan at srb and ask him to sort you the teins though... he is a good guy and might do u a discount too...

if you need help fitting them, gimme a shout u can either come to mine or i will come up to you and fit them with you if you like :) also look at getting a rear end polybush kit or some subframe locking collars... i have gone a bit extreme on my rear end i have solid diff mounts, solice subframe mounts, and im just polybushing a spare rear subframe... im also gonna stick a solid gearbox mount and nismo engine mounts on... i have a 2 way diff so its noisey as hell anyway comfort went out the window a LONG time ago lol...

my diff casing basically acts as a brace on the rear subframe now... nothing moves lol...

K20 EG Hatch
Sound Malice :D

I think I will go for the cusco rear camber arms though as I have a cusco front strut brace and it will be nice having matchin ones :p

I will deffinately take you up on fitting them with me too mate, we can sort somat out but I dont mind travelling to you. From the sounds of yours I bet it drifts soooo easily lmao. Like I say, im not really after that and I wanna keep it at least a bit soft still because the S14A is a bit of a pimps car in general use I must say ;) lol.

I've been reading up on the older tein flex coilovers and not the mono flex on SXOC. Loadsa ppl have been saying there s**t quality and a fair few had them start leaking on them and need them rebuilding only after several 1000 miles....

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Great cars, so so capable and very easily tuned. I sold my Stage 2 14a just a few months ago, loved it but it was just too extreme to enjoy day to day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/g_dub/GS14_6.jpg?t=1199891520

My advice for coilovers would be to go for the Apex Performance "comfy" spec ones, not too hard at all.

Good luck with it and SXOC is your friend ;)
that looks tasty and I normally aren't overly excited by S14s

Great looking cars how are they to drive, is it all tail out pant soiling action or do they handle ?

Black one looks like a spine tingler though UK potholes = bent rims!

Those BBS are nice nice nice, go well with the red of the car.

The S13 handles so I'd imagine the S14 is pretty handy too, although I like when you 'find the limits' in mine :D