ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Be careful on roads today

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Think they are a little bit greasy. Just had a spin narrowly avoiding a white van coming the opposite direction. A merc was planted in the hedge so guessing it wasnt driver error and something on road.

So be careful out there........

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Im glad someone has said that.....they were really bad down my way this morning....was thinking my car was buggered...lol.....steering felt really loose and whippy today until i got on the M25

Megane 225 baby! :)

Thank god I dont have to go to work today!:D

Be careful out there people, according to the news there were 10 accidents on the A20 in Dover and its only just re-opened! :eek:

Suzuki SV650

The missus has just textd me and said that outside the student union in Leicester a bus has hit a Fiesta and the driver of the Fez is being cut out of her seat, blood everywhere, it sounds gross.

Poor visiblity in flowing heavy traffic, wipers really struggled with the spray this morning.

don't

oh great

the 1 day i let the misses dad use my car and i use his

hes got my clio so someone at his work can have a look over it and see if they may want to buy it and ive got his vectra, not best day to change cars

saw 4 fireengines go passed me earlier, and then saw an ambulance go the wrong way to them and have to do a U turn and go back after them, oops

then loads of grit stuff on 1 side of a roundabout so looks like someone crashed and spilt loads of fuel early this morning

hopefully be ok by time i go home

172 cup TT

Terrible stuff - But come on peeps its just another wet drizzley day in england... Its not like a "greasy rain" cloud floated over land in the night and coated the roads... Just take it easy lads, we dont want any more written off motors and injuries... My cup is an absolute pain in the arse but hey...

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Floodie on 20 May 2005

Terrible stuff - But come on peeps its just another wet drizzley day in england... Its not like a "greasy rain" cloud floated over land in the night and coated the roads... Just take it easy lads, we dont want any more written off motors and injuries... My cup is an absolute pain in the arse but hey...
noone said they were going mad though....:confused:

172 cup TT

Nothing of maddness was mentioned - The fact people have been "spinning" off etc goes to show people arent driving to the conditions

noted, i normaly drive like a complete fanny sppeding and pulling handbrake turns, now that youv posted this il drive normal

172 cup TT

Quote: Originally posted by m4rk on 20 May 2005

noted, i normaly drive like a complete fanny sppeding and pulling handbrake turns, now that youv posted this il drive normal
:) yeh glad Matty told us to watch the roads today too otherwise id be dead now. Seriously though m4rk he was only trying to help - good on him i reckon

Octavia VRS

on the way to work yesterday my car felt really fidgety and this was even going around roundabouts/corners very slowly. Very greasy roads

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 20 May 2005

on the way to work yesterday my car felt really fidgety and this was even going around roundabouts/corners very slowly. Very greasy roads

much better than Whippy !!...thankyou ...lol

Ive had the arse end of the 172 step out twice in the last 2 days, proper greesey out there at the moment!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Warned mate who comes same way to work in Ibiza Cupra and seems police were art spot it happened at by the time he approached. Seems some kind of spillage on the road whcih wasnt visible in the light when I spun.

So not applicable to all roads but then sometimes you only get the greasiness now and then after the odd shower.

Still dont know how I avoided the white van whilst spinning.