ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been offered a cup

No way imo, what spec is the engine? it would have had £££££s spent on it to get it to 230.

Last edited:
I doubt it's even 172bhp, yet alone 230bhp! Get a description of modifications and it will almost certainly transpire to pretty much standard output owned by a very naive chap who believes eBay chips can add 30bhp and an air filter 10bhp.

fast one
I asked if its got a print out and i was very sceptical about it as he hasnt listed anything about it!! Still waiting for a reply mind lol.

fast one
Yeah i know thats my train of thought aswell. Anyone on here after a swap or part exchange for my 2002 honda civic type R ep3 ( probably gonna get slated now) haha

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
230bhp from one of these is expensive, you are talking either very deep pockets for an ITB build, or a couple of K minimum for a turbo build. I would have though it would mention either of those in the ad.

Most likely just a total r****d of an owner with no concept of what power his car actually makes.

RB 182 195bhp
It clearly doesn't have 230bhp, if it had that much power the modifications would be listed as said above. It will be the classic no clue owner who reads the box of his k&n saying 'could add up to 20bhp' and says right so my exhaust adds 20, k&n adds 15, map adds 25 so it's clearly 230 bhp. Adverts like this really wind me up as its just miss leading. If you don't have knowledge of the power, and you don't have proof you can't quote figures here there and everywhere. Would you be within your rights to buy it, dyno it and sue as its not as described? Ie anywhere near quoted power?

fast one
Yeah know what you mean i used to own a nissan pulsar and the amount of people would say there car was 300bhp got anmoying in the end!

Thats why i was a bit sceptical as.if my car was 230bhp it be bragging like f**k about whats been done and to have nothing listed seems strange