ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been to the Renault Garage

U/R 200
to get my leaking rear suspension replaced.

£86, other side needs doing to.
Plus, a little list.

DriveShaft Clip to replace £32.
(Possible)New driveshaft £370
New Rear Tyre £130
Exhaust Mount £52 (prices fitted)
And a little break until Cambelt needs doing in October. £££ joy.

Just thought i'd share.

Will be getting some bits offline, and doing meself, cheaper:)

clio 182 black /gold
Heck that is a lot. i was charged a tenner a side for the CV boots to be refitted and regreased.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
it literally takes 5 minutes to change rear shock, part is 40 quid, little advice DONT USE RENAULT DEALERS.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I got a quote for rear shocks and was told they were £120 a side for Trophy rears. This is what I was quoted by a trader off here.. Standard 182 rears are £80 or so I thought.

Last edited:
  Mondeo TDCI 130
^ If Andy told you that he's fired. Standard rear shocks are no way near that expensive supply only.

Lou

SBV116 said:
^ If Andy told you that he's fired. Standard rear shocks are no way near that expensive supply only.

Steve got me mine and they were about £50ish each?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

I'm getting hassle all over the show. The quote was £120 for Trophy rears. I thought, on my own (dangerous I know) 182 rears were £80.

Mondeo TDCI 130
lol. good good! Going to say, about £50 each genuine rears, for a 182 / 172 etc, trophy's wil be dearer obviously!!!

200 FF Storm Grey
Not that expensive considering it's dealership, maybe a tener too much but nothing to get down about, you're talking 50 for a damper

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
taken from the press...

The suspension is based on the Cup set-up. As a reminder, over the normal Renaultsport 182, this has lower ride height, stiffer springs (20% front, 15% rear), re-rated dampers (+20% front, +10% rear), strengthened front wheel hub carriers and revised steering geometry.
The Trophy suspension is lowered a further 10mm at the front with shorter springs. The dampers are supplied by Sachs Race Engineering and have a unique damping force/velocity curve. Normally only used in competition cars, these dampers cost 10 times more than a conventional road car damper and feature a remote reservoir to accommodate nearly 50% of the oil and gas.

someone will be able to check if they use different part numbers than the cup but i remember being told at the time that it was just normal cup rear suspension