ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Being a To**er costs Money!

Willy + Modus DCi
ahoy,

was just being a tit round a corner and have hit the curb, hard. whoops.

basically i've bent something in the axle im guessing as when u turn one way or the other you get some intense rubbing noises. amazingly didnt pop the tire (might be down in the morning mind). probably a stupid question but do you guys know how many components there are in the arm?

have any of you guys had any curb related bending incidents? how much were repairs?

And if thats not enough my alloy looks awful! ill post pics tomorrow! do u guys reckon a refurb can make it look nice again or just buy a new one? there renault anthracites.

so the moral here is people when your girlfriend says swing round a corner, ignore her! lol

Keep you posted,

Jingo

M2 Competition
The triangle bit of the steering arm. Connects the hub to the steering rack. Cant think of its name. But i think you've bent that. Lol.

Willy + Modus DCi
one sec.....my mate says:

the wishbone and everything looks straight, but the large panel (with engine mounts) is clearly bent. the panel looks removable but bolts onto the chassis and covers the bottom of the engine bay.

but hes not sure yet as it hasnt gone up on a ramp. does anyone know what this panel hes talking about is called?

cheers

the wishbone and everything looks straight, but the large panel (with engine mounts) is clearly bent. the panel looks removable but bolts onto the chassis and covers the bottom of the engine bay.

but hes not sure yet as it hasnt gone up on a ramp. does anyone know what this panel hes talking about is called?

cheers

sounds like he means the subframe.

woops!

www.renparts.co.uk
you can run a non RS subframe which can be picked up for peanuts... you need to drill a hole for the 3rd mount... theyre also not quite as beefed up but in the real world you will notice no difference... arm itself is probs bent a bit, thats about 45 quid from renault with the ball joint... might have got away with track rod but check for play in the track rod end and make sure you get it tracked up after fitting new subframe/arm.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
you can run a non RS subframe which can be picked up for peanuts... you need to drill a hole for the 3rd mount... theyre also not quite as beefed up but in the real world you will notice no difference... arm itself is probs bent a bit, thats about 45 quid from renault with the ball joint... might have got away with track rod but check for play in the track rod end and make sure you get it tracked up after fitting new subframe/arm.

What he says. Either way if you have to pay labour to someone its not gonna be cheap :(

Willy + Modus DCi
yep the AA man and the garage say sub frame too. my mechanic mates doing it so i expect mate rate! lol

bugger forgot to take the pics! ill go get em later.

What sort of price do you think were looking at here? im scared......:(

cheers guys

Willy + Modus DCi
ok ive sourced an rs used sub frame for 235 notes, then 200 labour. wicked cos i have money to burn! lol

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
i tw*ted a curd at about 40ish cause sum prick in a bmw pulled out on me:nono:. fuked everyfink on the passenger side including sud frame but except my suspension leg (fk coilovers) renault wanted nearly £3,400 so told them to stick it up there arse the robbing b*****ds! than took it to a garage i use for fitting me mods n they did it for just under £1,500, a bargain imo. gud luck mate but don`t go renault cause they will just lube ya up ready for a bumming :mad:

arm itself is probs bent a bit, thats about 45 quid from renault with the ball joint.
£60ish

renault wanted nearly £3,400 so told them to stick it up there arse the robbing b*****ds! than took it to a garage i use for fitting me mods n they did it for just under £1,500, a bargain imo. gud luck mate but don`t go renault cause they will just lube ya up ready for a bumming :mad:
Ever check the list price/labour rate before slagging them off? I guessed not.

Willy + Modus DCi
edde wot u saying here? cos i asked how much it would b to replace my cat and they said 500 notes! so i know there not good value for money!

edde is saying that tossers on here like to **** off dealers whilst knowing precisely bugger all about anything.

That subframe looks expensive by the way, you should beable to find one at a scrappy cheaper. I got one for £20 off someone on here :p

Seen a scrapyard selling them on ebay too occasionally

edde wot u saying here? cos i asked how much it would b to replace my cat and they said 500 notes! so i know there not good value for money!

Renault delealers don't set the prices for parts though renault list price for a cat is very expensive if the price for a part is £450 then its an hour listed up to fit and your places charges £50 a hour for labour then reason suggests thats £500 for a replacment cat is err ok.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
£60ish

renault wanted nearly £3,400 so told them to stick it up there arse the robbing b*****ds! than took it to a garage i use for fitting me mods n they did it for just under £1,500, a bargain imo. gud luck mate but don`t go renault cause they will just lube ya up ready for a bumming :mad:
Ever check the list price/labour rate before slagging them off? I guessed not.

i know what u r saying edde but ffs there is nearly 2 grand difference n thats alot in any1`s book!!!:dapprove:

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
I did the same.. except worse ! Wheel, Axle, Subframe, Wishbone, drive shaft..wheel bearings..cant remember the others. £383 :| Bloody gutted :(

Theres a subframe on ebay at the moment which has been modified to take a RS engine. Depends if you want a proper RS one or not

Willy + Modus DCi
damn. i would of settled for a modded one lol. the garage has ordered the parts. should b getting it back tuesday! cant wait! the girlfriends been driving me round all week, which isnt bad but its just not like driving my own car round :(

cheers

its a subframe mate thats what the engine mounts into

Willy + Modus DCi
o whoops did i not say what it was....it was the subframe, and my wishbone is bent but they dont know yet wether its to bent and needs replacing.