ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BenR or HK Clioman

Hi guys

hows it goin? Hey any of you saw this "magic" rubber tie thing thats been advertising on magazines in HK ? its suppose to fit no your fuel line and vibrate it and make it more efficient at spraying or somethin.. any of you tried it? this must be the most expensive rubber bend ever at $1000HK a piece

HK mags suck as options or any of the other crap mags dont know crap.

i havent seen it no, but i did see a set of wires for earthing for $1000......all pointless sh*t....dont bother.

haha they r on the "Buy all you can" basis... hey Ben I heard you made a throttle body for a 172 customer in hk n running mirelli fuel system. Can you tell me a bit more about that ?

Was away from computer for a few days and spent the whole morning to dig out what had happened to Joe and Janie. Much ado about nothing, that all I can say. Anyway, in response to your question, I would say the chance that I will give you a V6 as a gift is 100% higer than the magic rubber thing.

BTW, are you in Hong Kong? if so, you may wish to be informed that a clio BBQ gathering is to be held this coming Sun.

Also Ben, when the RSR kit would be officially marketed?

aarh i m still preparing for my exam in New Zealand ahah i will be in hk .. latest 24th november n Ben told me i can go see him n his car :p

Oh yeh is Clio 172 popular in HK ? over in NZ although the car is not that expensive they only manage to sell 20 of phase 1 n 1.5 car(sounds strange) per month for phase 2

yeh those magic belt thing never convinced me n my chinese is not great so i couldnt understand the whole thing .

Clio is not too popular in Hong Kong, but it is gaining some recognition.

If the magic belt works, all cars would have it fitted as standard.

If you want to meet other cliomen in HK, just let me know.

u guys having any clio club meetin durin late Nov till early jan? luv to meet some of the clio maniacs ahha at least ppl who like cars sin

There will definately be a meet when we are back.

Tony, The RS-R Kit, we are testing the Ktec system and you are welcome to go and have a look, but it is currently bedding in at the moment.

We are trying to sort out this RS-R ASAP, but there are a few niggles at the moment, namely, i am not there and nobody has time for it. So, if anybody want is please let me know and i can sort it out. But it might not be till i get back that i can launch it and bring in all teh stock.

Its teh bulk buying that saves on cost and can make it cheap, so individual orders will ahve to wait till we KNOW that people are interested. SO far, people ahve want ed to SEE it eargerly, but when it comes to buying, you know HK people......flacid and just walk away.....always awnt otehr to do, and not themselves.

RE teh throttle bodied clio. It is a cliocup car as in the european race series which is being prepared for super production class. The TBs were fitted and are run on new management and gave 215bhp, TONY, you should of seen it in the newspaper.

My help with FRD unbofficially has landed me witha Job offer to work permanently in Zhu Hai and Sepang Malaysial looking after the tin top race cars as cheif technical advisor.......cool eh!.... but what to do...teh alngualge, food and lifestyle are not my idea of good.......china, i can NOT handle.

china is a tough place to be :p ehhee

is ur TB streetable?

tell me when the meet is when u know Oh yeh i dont ahve a car in hk is that ok with u ahha

China is a tough place to be???? Oh yes, there are too many night clubs and this and that. You really have to make a lot tough decisions of which nightsopt to visit.

I remember that "white" clio. Am disappointed that it will not appear in the Macau race next month. A number of official teams, like Pug (using 307); Ford (Focus) and Alfa (147 GTA) would be there. What a waste of good PR chance. Your marketing ppl are simply not aggressive enough. No wonder I still cant see a Laguna on the street.

Anyway, do you want me to provide you some feedback on the RSR kit you fitted to 1728? Dont mind to run your car for a few days. Just let me know.

ben r, come over to south-east asia, mate...if youre really gonna be in malaysia (sepang), you have an open invitation from me to drop by in singapore...can bring you around to meet the people from the renault car club in singapore...

;)

Cliomen wut do u guys plan to do at meetings??Unfortunately we dont have Clio clubs in NZ , we have boy racer clubs though ahah not my thing even though i m their age

For the coming one, a BBQ. Maybe we will do go-karting in Dec. RSR testing and ordering in Jan (hopefully). We normally meet once a month. Will decide what to do a week or so ahead.

boy racers? NO, we are not. But we do meet in early morning when traffic is light. ;)

cool... my dad knows one of the guys who run the Kai Tak Airport kart... but if u want more hard out ones i guess thats in china.

I would love to join your meet in nov or dec! haha yeh n try get Ben to come with his RSR kit car. Perhaps you guys can teach me a few things about racing a Clio sport. I m goin to the tracks next year when I have some more time.

Cliomen i remember u live near Happy Valley right?

cyue: i will very hapilly scare you down roads i know......hehe......i did make one friend puke comming down repulsebay road......namely, over teh little white bridge sideways between a wall and teh number 61 bus! LOL

Kai Tak karting. Fun, and i know the owner, good friend with ym dad, i worked tehre 2 summers ago....fun to play in. The surface is real slippy and good to learn control of your car! hehe!...and i know the trick to tove max power no matter that they set you car to (they are electric and power setting depending on ability).

Tony, run 1728 for a few days!!! you wish.....hehe.....by all means though, go for a thrash!

OH, and regards to Macau.....FRD did try to sort a 240bhp clio for it, but renault sport could not deliver, and renault France will not provide support or a team to enter for us............very helpful people in france....NOT!

But yes, marketing team....well, person is very poor and basically crap.....and she doesnt like it when i jump in tellign he what to do, so i leave her till she gets fired.

ahha nice i cant wait for that ride

oh so how u get the max power from those things? I have now tweaked with the setup u cant even spin the damn thing even turnin in super late lock a few things n full power...... wont even leave just a little loose of traction... making it v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v...... safe too safe its crap really ahha

perhaps when u r free lets go do those things huh

the karts!???

man, they slide everywhere!!!

teh surface is soo slippy.......

of did they resurface it?....i used to be in a onstant drift...never in a straight line.....fun

yeh the kart....... unshakable i tell u ..... unless u really full lock to lock n then lock the rears n do a 180 other than that..... nah cant get no oversteer just v.v.v.v..v.v.v.v.little u hardly know if u dont know wut its like ... one of the guys (mike) told me is becoz many ppl cant control it start burnin rubber n bangin the walls n stuff so they had to tweak it..... surface.... i think its the same still v.glossy

oh yeh Ben what sort of Clio Sport goodies do u sell or know where to buy in HK so i can do some shoppin spree ahha

Hi all, thats Kevin from HK, I owned a Clio RS phase 2...but my car was crashed last week. Now waiting for repair.

Ben, I still waiting the ECU cover, I have waited for a month. Jebsen - Kelvin Ho said they still didnt receive from Renault - France, Do you know what happen? As my remember, you have a used front bumper to sell. What is the price?

Hello Kevin......

i would help, but i cant right now as i am not in HK at the moment thus i have no idea on pricing or on parts availability.

Kevin Ho......you need to force him to do stuff.......

broken ECU cover, why cant you go get it welded up for $20? surely its not worth the expensive amount they want?

The bumper....yes, they have some, need some tidying but fine otherwise. You will Need to ask Tony Lam abuot prices.

Sorry i cannot be of help right now.

Hi Kevin,

have we met before? Hope that accident wasnot too serious. How old is your car? If it is less than a year old, your insurance policy should offer you a replacement if it is beyond repair.

What had you done to your ECU cover? I am curious. I mean that is a metal cover, its not that easy to break, right?

Thank you Ben. Do you know there is one more Clio was broken the ECU cover. We dont know why so easy to broken. I also wondering the metal cover is easy to break.

Tony, We met at last meeting at Shek O, you drive a red Clio Phase 2, right? Im the youngest driver who drive Clio RS phase 2 in our club. My car was changed the S.A.M. grill mesh, JR filter and Splitfire earthline(its cost HK$1450, so experience). It just a light accident, no need to replace one.

wa .. yeh like Ben i m curious how u broke the ECU cover

Ben or Kevin or Tony.. in HK which is the best road to have a run on? (me no car in hk but just wonderin)

none of the roads in HK are really good, and Ma On shan in my opinion was poo......not very good at all.

And, when did the cover break? do you go outside of Jebsen for any servicing etc?

It is steel.....how can you break it?

The section leading to the Clear Waterbay Country Club is OK, a lot of quick corners. Vy much like the A-45 between Rubgy and Coventry. Only thing is, it is too short.

On the ECU cover, I was curious, too.

BTW, a good news to you, Ben. I saw a Laguna on the street. I think the car is owned, as I saw no saleman in the car. My 12-year single malt is still there, see if u can open it for Xmas.

Tony

hey ben.

some other questino.. how well do u reckon our cars can do against those 200SX (nissan) S15 (the latest shape) manual n auto?

Wut about us having exhaust, filter n chip mod will do?

i have no idea how they will compare...although i have kept up with many supercars such as an evo 7, several porsches and a maserati 3200Gt....

and BMWs .....gimmie a break, all driven by t**sers.

and if you want teh RS-R packege, not a prob.....we can do it.

Hey Ben, Did you remember our last meeting in Shek O? I was showing you the cover. I dont know why it can broke too. Jebsen promised to order a new one for me a month ago, but until today I receive nothing. Maybe you can help me when you back.

In HK, there is no road good for drive. Coz many police will wait for you. But there are still many illegal race at Weekend night. I suggest you go to Tai Mo Shan at weekends midnight.

haah hey ben r u still gonna give me the freak ride?

are you guys allow radar detectors in hk? or do they bust ur ass with that... hey anyone heard of "Sun Learn Tarm" in New Territory (windy hill places)

Kevin me no car in HK ar I m overseas as well...

Oh yeh how old r u ben? Just wonderin ;P i have gotta be younger than u i reckon

im 20.......

i will check the ecu cover for you.....is it urgent? as it doesnt really matter......does it?

and yes cyue...i will still attemp to scare your pant off.........sometimes i get scared too......and get the shakes, soif you see me shaking or lauhging.....you will know we were 1" from certain death.

Ben, I think the point is I just brought my new Clio for four months and under warrantly. I never expect Jebsen serve me bad service. Its not about urgent or not. They promise me order one and will arrive around two weeks, but I waited a month and never receive any call from them. Anyway, Thanks alot.

Cyue005, I know you from overseas. But I think most of our Clios mates are welcome to take you have a nice trip in HK; Such as go to see some illegal races. We allow use radar detector here, but the detector cant send out any signal to annoy the radar. "Sun Leung Tam" is a nice place, there have very beautiful view(you can BBQ, picnic, camping and hiking there) and High speed corner. But also is a hot place for illegal racing.

Kevin,

Can understand your hard feeling, but then the matter is out of Bens hands.

Talking about illegal racing, you guys better be more careful during Nov/Dec. The Police will step up their actions and WILL arrest not just the racers but whoever they consider acting or promoting illegal racing.

About three years ago, if me memory is correct, I participated an anti-speeding operating, we used three laser guns and caught a guy in his Mit VR4 doing 190km/h (first check point); 220 (2nd point) and 155 (last check point). The guy had installed a modern radar detector that could detect laser gun, and the detector did work but was too late. I have since thrown away mine.

haha cool ben i m 20 as well :p

Yeh when i was small i went to "Sun leung tam" n i had that image in my mind :p always wanted to visit again.

Yeh they seem to crack down hard in HK with those racing in New Zealand all we get is a speedin ticket or a court appearance.

Did anyone watch Top Gear last nite ? its the Pagani Zonda C12 vs Lamborghini Murcielago..... man the Zonda absolutely killed the Lambo in the straight

Ben wut kind of goodies are u sellin for Clio now? and how much r they :p maybe i can skank a few bucks from my parents durin Xmas hehe

All depends....

i have tried to rustle up interest in parts to offer from Jebsen, but everybody tends to put in some interest then slowly walks away as prices come in.

people need to understand that i need to buy in bulk to get discount and many people cannot commit. Also, they want to see it all before they buy. All the parts i have offered are 100% better quality than the stuff you get on HK and i DONT sell junk that DOESNT work.

Kevin, i will try to investigate the ECU cover.