ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best diameter exhaust 197

R

revalot

hey guys after owning my 197 for a year im finaly going 2 replace the exhaust system with an after market 1 with a decat. can any 1 suggest a good size pipe which will give me power gains after myself and the guy that making the exhaust cant agree on a size.

cheers for any help
rev:)

R

revalot

How much of a power gain to you get from a remap considering its a normally aspirated engine?
well im thinkin of gettin it live mapped with a dastek unichip so i cudnt really say until its dne it will cum with b4 and aftr dyno graphs tho

RS200
ok cos i was thinking of doing it on my 200 once ive had it a while. ive seen they get around 10 bhp and it costs over £300. :s

R

revalot

well ive been quoted 2day in a small, new engine tunner thats close 2 me 295 inclusive with everything needed including the power runs

R

revalot

im hopeing 2 have it all done an runin tidy by trax
any way im going off topic now
tell me about the best diameter exhaust 2 use

R

revalot

why was this thread moved? i think it comes under genral chat about clios?

ITB'd MK1
exhaust made 0bhp difference on the throttle bodied 197.

Wouldn't unichip it. The stock ECU doesn't work perfectly with piggyback systems, it adapts and reverts

Lionel Richie
speak to yoz as a lot of the people who've had his 197 systems have had them mapped by RS tuning, from memory they saw a decent power gain

R

revalot

ok well what if i had it reflashed using a dastek live flash system?