ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best headunit for under £200

I fancy getting a new headunit for the car now. Has to be able to read MP3s. Would be good if it could be connected to my standard Alpine CD changer but I dont think this is possible ?

It is a MKII 172 so it would be good if it matched the dash colours too and didnt look too out of place.

Cheers..........

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No its not possible.

Go mp3.

Alpine 9830 or 9831

Or an old 9813 would be good.

My choice would be the 9831, ok so it brakes the 200 barrier a bit. but its IPOD ready and stalk and display ready.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The pics of the one in that link are the US model.

anything with XM on it AVOID! look for the Dab/rds versions

b******s ! Thought the price was too good to be true !

£271 isnt too bad. A little more than I wanted to spend but not too much more.

Are the MP3 folders easy to navigate on these ?

It looks good in the photos Tom, matches the dash nicely. Do you plug it in and it works with the standard display and stalk ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No sadly not, it needs a (not yet released) adaptor.

Mp3 folders are a joy!

Also supports ipod link.

Oh right, I thought you said above in your first post that it was stalk and display ready.

Yeah I saw the iPod link option, very handy as I will be getting one in the new year.

Dai be very careful with ebay, most new hus are from the states and things like RDS, DAB and Stearing controls wont work on them.

As Tom says stick to Alpine, they are a lot better, may be a few pounds more but theyre worth it.

Cheers mate, I am going to stay away from there and get it from a reputable audio dealer.

I am swaying towards the 9831 at the moment.

Is there a big difference between the 9830 and 9831 then ?

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 04 October 2004

I think the Alpines blend in better with the 172/182 dashboard ? The Pioneer is a bit too silver IMHO.
Yeah true! Im sure Ive seen a graphite coloured HU which would look better than the black of the Apline or the Silver of Most Pioneers. Cant remember what it was though!