ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place for axle stands

What is the best spot to put axle stands under the front of the car? I don't have access to a lift all the time so would be good to know as I rarely use axle stands.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
if you look under the car you will see the spider plates.
The two "beams running behind them" we use them
As close as you can get to the front. Then you can lift the back up without a jack. Couple of stands under the rear and your up off the ground.
Clio_stu and fraser J have stripped cars with this method so its fine lol
i've also done my gearbox this way with no issues.

If you do feel uncomfortable about it then you can put something heavy in the boot haha

As above. The lifting of the rear only really works on a stripped motor with no weight in the back.

I did nice put the stands about to far back and the car started to see-saw. LOL

Just after the D plates is where I use.

if you look under the car you will see the spider plates.
The two "beams running behind them" we use them
As close as you can get to the front. Then you can lift the back up without a jack. Couple of stands under the rear and your up off the ground.
Clio_stu and fraser J have stripped cars with this method so its fine lol
i've also done my gearbox this way with no issues.

If you do feel uncomfortable about it then you can put something heavy in the boot haha

I'll have a look later but not 100% on where you're on about.

Jared- the jacking point? There will be a jack there!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Never use the sills or enless you want to have a rotten sill from the seams coming apart, i allways use the trianglar brace plates to the front on the nuts to stop it from slipping.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I use the chassis rails, just behind the bolt on triangular braces.

This.

My rears are on my sills as my beam has been removed.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381239463538.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381239463538.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 297
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol, yeah there, but like fred says, get as near to the triangle bit as you can.

And accept that you should probably touch the underseal up every few years if doing so a lot as its going to get chipped off.