ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best place to buy recaros for my 200....

RB 200
Right guys! after spending yesterday being sick of my car, trying to find something new, and failing because theres simply nothing grabbing my eye. i've woke up and though sod it, I'll finish off the 200 and get it some Recaros.

I really don't like the 200 Recaros, the yellow bits put me off in the 1st place, and I know Renault want thousands.

I've seen these - are they the best bet?

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand...rtster-cs-reclining-sport-seat/prod_1823.html

or

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/seats-reclining/recaro-sportster-cs-seat-inc-side-airbag

do they need to have side airbags? and will the multiplug just plug in??

PH1 Track Car
They don't have to have side air bags that's your choice really. I'm assuming its a fair big cheaper without them. Thought about other options like fixed buckets? Or you wanting to keep it as a comfy oem daily sort of thing?

RB 200
I've thought about it but I'm not really sure what to go for? I'm clueless at that sort of thing, although eventually I'd like a cage in there and a harness so :)

PH1 Track Car
Personally if your going to get cage and harnesses id go for fixed buckets. They will be much cheaper than them recaros too (depending on which ones you buy)

RB 200
yea, I'll have a look and see what's best, then check people's preferences, any recommendations on what I should look at?

Audi A5
Ping up a wanted thread and offer about a grand for them, (if you willing to spend that much of course) someone might be tempted by that.

Also keep your eye on eBay and 197.net, they do come up every now and then.

PH1 Track Car
I've got bimarco futuras in mine and I like them. But then you've got like sparco omp recaro etc. check demon tweaks and other websites.

Nissan 350z

Just to let you know those are different types of Recaro Sportsters and not the same design that you have linked.
You will need a multiplug/resistor if you want to avoid getting the dashboard lights for missing Airbags. If your car did not come with Recaros from the factory then you have 2 airbag signals to worry about and not just the 1 side airbag.

Excuse the link but have a look at my guide I posted about fitting Recaros and the wiring involved. http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?33487-How-to-Fit-Clio-Recaros-to-a-Megane

Just to let you know those are different types of Recaro Sportsters and not the same design that you have linked.
You will need a multiplug/resistor if you want to avoid getting the dashboard lights for missing Airbags. If your car did not come with Recaros from the factory then you have 2 airbag signals to worry about and not just the 1 side airbag.

Excuse the link but have a look at my guide I posted about fitting Recaros and the wiring involved. http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?33487-How-to-Fit-Clio-Recaros-to-a-Megane

Been meaning to ask Sargara how'd you get on fitting those Recaros you had off me?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I would also be looking at some ultra low subframes if i were you, sat in a 200 with recaro's the other week and i felt like i was sat on top of the car!

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Can always get the seats re-trimmed in a colour combination you like.

Edge Automotive is a recaro trader and can supply the correct seats for the 200, and then retrim them for you to your liking.

Depends on what your time scale for doing things is, you can always sell the recaros on and get a pretty decent return as they are always in demand.

Nissan 350z
Been meaning to ask Sargara how'd you get on fitting those Recaros you had off me?

Ha-ha fine in the end thanks mate! http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?633981-Unfamiliar-territory-250-content/page3
The seats went in fine I just had some issues with the Megane specific arrangement, such as the recliner knob catching on the central armrest (as the Clio doesn't have it) so I had to relocate this to the opposite side. It was all generic design though (I guess Recaro don't produce specific RHD/LHD versions all the parts are interchangeable).

I would also be looking at some ultra low subframes if i were you, sat in a 200 with recaro's the other week and i felt like i was sat on top of the car!

It's because of the height adjustment mechanism in the base that they sit the way they do. If this was something you intended to do it would probably be cheaper just buying a pair of generic Recaro Sportsters from the likes of Capital Seating etc.

Last edited:
  RB 200
Scott.... I have a racing seat for the xbox and I woke up the other day unable to move after a night playing on forza .... BUT... Need seats. haha