ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best PM Phone on Orange Available Now/Next Couple of Months?

Mito Sportiva 135
As per title. I currently have a Samsung Tocco, but due an upgrade in October. For me, what is important is:

Design - got to look cool and be of a fairly compact size (although most phones are these days!)

Internet Browsing - it's a bit rubbish on the Tocco, heard Blackberrys are good, or HTC, or Nokia?

Camera - although most phones have one these days

Quite like the touch screen now I have got used to it, but it's not essential

So fairly open criteria...what would people recommend? Cheers guys!

Mito Sportiva 135
When will it be available then (iPhone) on Orange? Still not on their coming soon section?

HTC or Blackberry are interesting. Although there is the Tocco Ultra coming out, which is touch screen and keyboard, anyone think that will be good?

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No on the samsung, its going to be s**t.
No idea on the iphone, i'd rule that out.

Mito Sportiva 135
Significantly larger than the iPhone? Streaming HD videos does sound interesting as well as for photos etc. But I imagine the interface on the HTC would be better for browsing still?

Dynamique Flamer
TBH I hated the tocco and wouldn't get another samsung as my next phone. I will be getting a nokia or iphone

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Significantly larger than the iPhone? Streaming HD videos does sound interesting as well as for photos etc. But I imagine the interface on the HTC would be better for browsing still?

The hero PWNS, plus you know its got support behind it.

So in 6 months time there will be updates. Closest thing to an iphone at the mo user wise and spec wise its better.

I can see android eventually winning this battle.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok cool, I am interested! Is it good for overall OS though?

I like the Tocco's ease of use, battery and design, but it is hopeless on the net.

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool will do...

But, as my phone isn't due to upgrade until October, will it still be the best then you think, just don't want to get it and a couple of weeks later find something much better is out a I have an 18 month contract (although obviously something better is always on the horizon!)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
2 best phones on the market are the 3GS and the Hero, without a shadow.

Cant see things changing anytime soon.

Mito Sportiva 135
Well I don't want to be one of those annoying iPhone owners if I can help it (;)) BUT they are sooo cool though. Are the screens and resolution decent on the Hero, for streaming videos off the net and stuff? That is important to me.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok, one final question: I just read that the hardware isn't as good as the software running on it. Are there any speculations when the new version will be out, as the Hero is a few months old now already?

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Brand, the software on the Hero is a bit too resource hungry for it. But you can always install a new room (Google for XDA Devs)

Mito Sportiva 135
Sorry Colussus, thanks for the advice but can you break that down a bit, have no idea what that means to be honest?! :eek:

Or, just seen the Toshiba TG01, that any good?

Nice one, thanks.