ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BEST PRICES FOR NEW 172

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Well Ive been out looking for a replacement car, after crashing my Mk1 172. My local Ren dealer has offered me a Mk2 172 out of the showroom. The car is unregistered and up for £14600. He reckons he can do me a good deal on that price. ( I should hope so)

Wot prices have other people paid for a UK spec 172??

Ive now got to try and get insurance quotes for the above car. Had one for £950 on a Mk1 172. a £300 increase on my last car, as Ive lost 2yrs NCB. so Im back down to 3 yrs.

Cheers

Craig

Craig,

I bought a brand new Mk2 172 from Motorpoint at Derby for £11995, the car is registered with my local Renault dealer. There was no issue with buying an EU import car and taking it to Renault for servicing/warranty issues as they are glad of the business.

Regards Jamie

Dont bother with the dealers. Theyll rip you off enough when you have the car during its warranty period. Get a cheap import at a dealer killing price and use the money saved to pay £70 an hour at your local friendly dealer.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

jamie.

can you give me their number at motorpoint. Dont fancy the idea of a cup with no ABS. especially after my little trip on wed morning. just got to wait for the insurance people now to make an offer.

Ive had another quote for a Mk2 172 valued at £14K. it came out at £954 fully comp with 3 yrs NCB.

Cheers

Craig

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

my Mk1 was a french import, so that part doesnt bother me. anyone know of any websites I can check out?

Just bought mine

Motorpoint - derby £11999 before any "admin charges" getting them in 2weeks, silver, black and blue.

Trade-sales - slough £11999 before and "admin charges"(and there rude bas**rds") yourll have 2 wait till late september. all colours avaliable

Autolink - for my silver 172 worked out £12352 including tax and delivery on low loader to my house. They have 5 black ones in stock avaliable to drive away, i got the last silver one.

As far as im aware these are the only cars that are actually in the country to buy at the moment. coz i wanted mine within the week as my current car died!!

go to www.new-car-discount.com, full uk cars, no imports.

I ordered a cup for £10995 getting it on friday, also £12500 for 172,

I also believe you can order them with ABS now and also in Silver

A renault dealer once offered to match an import price for a new 172...going back a few years...but only snag was he couldnt get one for 3 months, and the importers had 3 in at the time.......:confused:

didnt buy one as i wasnt ready then, but when I was ready to buy I found mine, mk 2, 9 months old with 7k at a supermarket.....Renault offered me a 2 year old mark 1 with 30k, pluss stone chips for the same price!!!!

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Ive found a dealer in my area with a Mk2 in silver. Unregistered with approx 100 miles on clock. One phone call and hes knocked it down from £14600 to £13100

Car comes with the usual 3 yr warrenty,3 yrs AA,12months tax.

Ive had to put £100 deposit on car as its the only one in my area. new or 2nd hand.

Insurance company have offered me £9200 for my Mk1 which was written off.

Going to have another look at it on Friday.

Elise/VX220/R26

wouldnt bother with main dealers. I looked EVERYWHERE for the best deal and the best on the road price I got was 12,500 (watch out for motorpoint as they add about £500 to their prices including a PDI fee!! Anyway I got mine from thecarpeople.co.uk but they are in wakefield miles away from morwhich but I should imagine theres an importer near you thats got them at the same price. Mine is an EU import and reno were fine with us when we took it in for some bits and bobs doing on it.

Ive never seen one this cheap since but I got my 172 from motorpoint derby for £10999 (+ £253 for admin & 12 months road tax) just over a year ago.

I was quoted £11426 on the road with 12 months tax for a 172 Cup (UK sourced not an import) from carfile.net with delivery in 3 weeks.

I dont know how much they are now but last year i went to showroom4cars.com, entered my CC card number, sent a cheque and hey presto.... 4 weeks later a spangly new black 172 was being carfully rolled off a truck onto my drive way.

total cost... 11999 inc delivery to my door at a time i wanted and including any admin or whatever others charge.

Only down point i found was that the driver said that as this car had come from germany it had only 2 litres of fuel, where as cars they get frmo the netherlands come with a full tank.

Oh well i spose ill have to sit in the car and just think of the thousands i saved instead :D

Mav

mine came from showroom4cars and was from the netherlands and it only had 2 litres of fuel as well!

Service was pretty good though.

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 04 July 2003

Trade-sales - slough (and there rude bas**rds")

Totally agree, i would never go there, after ringing them just once........

Elise/VX220/R26

my 172 had about a thimble of fuel. First thing I did in it was go to asda, fill up and thrash it (in that order)