ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best size of alloys for me?

Black 1.2 Extreme
Hey

I've got a Black Clio 1.2 54 plate

I'm wanting to buy some alloys for it
But I don't know what size to get? 15" 16" 17"?

Also I don't know if I should get the plain silver Clio sport wheels?
Or some others?

Any suggestions?

Low!
Tyres are cheaper AFAIK, probably slightly cheaper to pick up the alloys too and if your not lowering, the bigger the wheels you have the more like a monster truck your car will seem!

Also, what sort of mental breakdown makes you post questions in the project section?

15" definately!

Any bigger looks too big on the non sports tbh. Get 15" alloys and slam it! Thats what I did and it was a massive win!!
And yes, get the "silver sport wheels" but the non-sport variant in 15", which look exactly the same. Thats what I had and then sprayed the anthracite.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
14"s with some poke, get them bitches right out the arches!
then lower it all the way to the floor!

failing that, as everyone said, 15s
tyres are cheap,
alloys are cheaper,
they weight a lot less,
your car will sit lower,
you wont have arch rubbing,
17s make your brakes look tiny under the wheels,

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
17's...
DSC04390.jpg

How often do you buy tyres anyway ferchrissakes?? They will perish before they wear out on a 1.2! Am running 7" wheels with 205/40 17's, no arch rubbing & Yoka A539's give oooooooooodles of grip... last pair cost me £55 pre-worn... :cool:

Renault Clio 1.2
17's...
DSC04390.jpg

How often do you buy tyres anyway ferchrissakes?? They will perish before they wear out on a 1.2! Am running 7" wheels with 205/40 17's, no arch rubbing & Yoka A539's give oooooooooodles of grip... last pair cost me £55 pre-worn... :cool:

Looks nice dciRon. 17" definitely make the car look beasty!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
17's...
DSC04390.jpg

lol no arch rubbing because you could smuggle a family of imagrants into the country with that arch gap!
personally i think clios look silly so high off the floor,

and £55 for partworns says it all! i find myself replacing my front tyres once a year,

part worn a539's £55 a corner on 17s
brand new Parada Spec 2's (similar tread pattern), £40 a corner on 15s!

on top of that your brakes look completely swamped behind such a big wheel.

basically, 17s
ruin the handling
ruin the look
ruin the stance
cost more,
and tbh, they just look pish imo!

img0014o.jpg

i know which stance id prefer ;)

Black 1.2 Extreme
Okay cheers to everyone
I think im set on 15"' now, probably the clio sport alloys or the non sport variant as mentioned before, does anyone know where i could pick some of these up fairly cheap?

Also after i get these alloys im planning on lowering, but im unsure on how much as i live up a rural'ish track so dont wanna b scraping it on the ground
Could someone recommend how much i should get it lowered so it still looks good but dosent compromise too much on scraping the bottom of my car

Iceberg 172
I must admit 17's look awful imo, they're just too big. Also 205/40's!! I bet that's a nic3e comfy ride!

Struggler - The more I look at yours the more I really really like it!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
cheers steve, glad ive got lots of photos to remember her by!

Okay cheers to everyone
I think im set on 15"' now, probably the clio sport alloys or the non sport variant as mentioned before, does anyone know where i could pick some of these up fairly cheap?

Also after i get these alloys im planning on lowering, but im unsure on how much as i live up a rural'ish track so dont wanna b scraping it on the ground
Could someone recommend how much i should get it lowered so it still looks good but dosent compromise too much on scraping the bottom of my car

best place to pick up wheels like that are on here tbh,
and if personally on a non sport, id purchase the rokkor coilover kit, and get creative, just mess about for ages until you find your perfect stance!
as for rural roads! man up and get it on the deck! its the only stance that looks good on nonsports in my very personal opinion!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
turbines off the original valvers,
or williams wheels,

but if you have to be a sheep ;) get turinis or 172 wheels,

182 wheels look gash on anything but a 182 imo

I've had 14's 15's and 17's, all on my clio, ATM I have 16's and for me they're just right. With a bit of stretch you can still get some proper lows on them ;) but granted, go 15 or 16 have a look at some other clios it's down to personal preference really.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol at get 15" cos they handle better, then drop the car 1mm off the floor.

Black 1.2 Extreme
Okay cheers for all the advice guys

I'm defiantly looking for 15"s now
If anyone has a x 4 set of the standard Renault Clio ones in Silver with tyres inbox me or post on here with how much you want for them and the condition they are in
And also how much tredd is left on the tyres

Cheers, Sam