ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best sound and performace exhaust for 182?

clio 172 phase 2
depending on budget dude theres loads of diffrent brands for exhausts mate and as for induction kit just put a uprated panel filter in your airbox. if you use the search section mate youl see all the diffrent threads on this subject .

Most will say yozza but there is a fair few options now ktec have a large selection and you have the others like piper,btb,scorpion and so on i have the k-tec unsilenced ultra exhaust with cat and it sounds great!!

Induction kits are pointless imo due to heat soak although k-tec do a new one now that re locates behind the headlight and has decent gains if mapped correctly

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Everyone has a different opinion, but the yozza/jp systems sound the best imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
From outside the car a Yozza/JP exhaust is the best sound. But its way too much inside the car for a road car imo.

I really like the janspeed. Just a little raspier than standard and not intrusive at all.

225 Cup & Williams
From outside the car a Yozza/JP exhaust is the best sound. But its way too much inside the car for a road car imo.

I really like the janspeed. Just a little raspier than standard and not intrusive at all.

Completely agree about the Yozza. Although a lot of people on here slate them the Miltek I have on my Trophy sounds nice even nicer with a decat.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

The yozza is weird in the car to be honest. They seem to loudish around 70, then go quieter.

225 Cup & Williams
Pipercross viper induction kits sound mint. Cheap second hand too :)

Miltek exhausts sound really nice, very throaty then raspy as you go up the rev range :)

Yup they seem to change in tone the higher up the rev range you go. Mines is really raspy with the decat but not overly loud or boomy on the motorway.

For exhaust sounds, I would recommend you try searching Youtube clips. There will be loads. That's what I did.

Most people will say Yozza I presume. But for me the noise they make wasn't what I was after.

I went for a Milltek. Best noise of all in my opinion. But there are known issues with cracking welds.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Mongoose + decat and k&n panel.

Love the way mine sounds, people mock the mongoose but this one sounds nice.

I've always liked them on other cars, but they fit badly on clios in general.

Piper for me all day long. Janspeed sport if you want something more sensible. JP systems are just noise, always have been always will be, you shouldn't be able to hear an exhaust from 2 miles away unless it's an F1 car

CBR1K, F21 125D
Just get a remote exhaust cutout down from the cat to cut out the backbox for the uber chav noises when you want it.

RB 182 Cup
Scorpion RS192 is almost OEM quiet if you like that sort of thing. Being older than the average RS Clio owner at 44, quiet is good for me.

It's also cheaper than standard and won't rust every 2 years.

Clio 182 Cup
Just had a Ktec/Janspeed sports cat and sports cat back system fitted to my 182, deep burble on start up but in no way intrusive throughout the rev range, sounds almost OEM but with the volume turned up slightly. 5th gear 70+mph no louder than normal. Quality system if you don't want everyone looking at you

I have the Janspeed.

Fantastic tbh, sounds pretty OEM, but has a little bit more rasp to it.

I'll be decatting mine soon though, so it may not be as quiet!

Inferno Orange 182
Scorpion RS192 is almost OEM quiet if you like that sort of thing. Being older than the average RS Clio owner at 44, quiet is good for me.

It's also cheaper than standard and won't rust every 2 years.

woohoo i'm a year younger than you lol

exhaust wise i've recently had the ktec/janspeed supersports fitted. love it, just love it

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Completely agree about the Yozza. Although a lot of people on here slate them the Miltek I have on my Trophy sounds nice even nicer with a decat.
I also have the Milltek for 10 years now and it never cracked. It also sounds pretty good especially without the center silencer