ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BEST WAY TO GET MORE PERFORMANCE FROM A 182 CUP

Clio 182 Cup
Im looking to get more performance from my 182, handling is good as is braking but straight line speed isnt the best on the track, is there anything you can do without spending silly money or am I better shifting the clio for an evo or something with more power?

RS6 C7
Clio will cost massive money to get more power.

Cams and ITB's only get you just above 200.

The clio has never been a car for straight line speed.

Clio 182 Cup
Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going to shift the clio and get something quicker, seems like it would cost more to upgrade a 182 than to sell it and buy something else, also seems like a quick way to lose money!!! Thanks guys

I had a 205 GTI a few years back - I got beaten on the straights and in the corners by mates 172 at Oulton Park... love 205's and had spent loads on mine but it had to go for the reason it was gonna cost loads more (eg fit a GTI-6 lump) just to be competitive with a boggo standard 172 (non cup)

So, I got a classic scooby, an imported STi version 2 with probably 250+ bhp. It went quicker in a straight line that mates 172, obviously, but was still slower getting into the apex and overall I couldn't eek out any meaningful margin at Cadwell park (and was unreliable on the Nurburgring with boost problems).

I missed the character of hot hatches massively too, whizz--bang delivery and the stiff, innert 4x4 chassis didn't suit me.

So, I returned to FWD N/A with the 182 - Yes it's slower than a turbo'd car but it costs so much less to run and there is so much more satisfaction to be had from reeling in so called faster cars under braking and corner entry on track. had an awesome day last summer at Anglesey coastal and finally I could take the same liberties as my mate and we had a right laugh trying to out-do each other for speed into the corners. That's what RS clios do so well.

Just get stickier tyres for track!

Clio 182 Cup
but when you get up the backside of a car into a corner and then get dropped in the straight, then up behind them in a corner and dropped on the straight it gets oh soooooooo boring!!! the 182 is good fun but just doesnt have the whole package, an evo will out brake, out handle, out corner and out drag any 182 any day of the week...so i guess its bye bye 182

Clio 182 Cup
we should all by push bikes then coz they're even cheaper than clios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! strange comments at times on here :sleepy:

PB Clio 172
Maybe the op doesnt like his Clio but it is one of the worst- a 182 cup !

people are just giving you good advice and seems like you dont like it . they are all right a clio will cost you nothing on the track, get an evo then and throw your money down the drain. up to you

Clio 182 Cup
i do like my clio....but dont lose sight of the fact, its a clio!!! a £3K french hatch...not really a dream car, eh? maybe it is good advice but all cars cost money on the track...i'll get my evo and throw my money away but also see all those clios in my rear view :butt:

Mental 172 Cup
Do breathing mods, induction setup, matched inlets, cams, exhaust, decat and remap.

youll be suprised how much it transforms the car.

Then strip it out..

Done..

its all personal opinion of course but I love mine..

Get rid of it.

+1

You want power.... Fair enough!

My (rather long-winded) opinion was more aimed at the general clio owner, we all know our cars are slow straight line and allways will be. Sorry if it wasn't that useful to you:)

Clio 182 Cup
No, thatnks for all the advice, just didnt know if there was a quick fix, well a cheap fix really without going down the turbo route!!!

BG DCI
No, thatnks for all the advice, just didnt know if there was a quick fix, well a cheap fix really without going down the turbo route!!!

Sounds like a little more research was needed..

A quick / cheap fix for a 2.0 N/A car...

There is no large bhp increase for a N/A engine cheaply. Unless your willing to spend £££. Like some people have said, on a track the clio driven properly would keep up with an awful lot of cars, probably an evo included.

Only way for more power unless you spend ££££ is to buy a electric supercharger from ebay...hmmm :approve: