ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best way to refurbish the chrome trim around the medianav on Mk4 Clio?

Renault Clio 4, 2016
we have just put a deposit down on a 2016 clio Mk4 at a dealers and all the trim inside is fine (just needs a valet) but there is one thing letting down in the looks department and thats the chrome trim around the centre consul / media nav etc .. a lot of it has peeled of and just left the unpainted/unchrome plastic underneath - real shame .

Wondered what would be the best way to refurbish it? - mask it all up with masking tape and spray it? - or fine artist brush and paint it with silver/chrome paint? or anything self-adhesive could be applied maybe?

Thanks.

chrome trim.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Mine has a bit of chrome peel too, only noticed it the other day.

Does anyone know how to remove whole fascia so I can remove the chrome part and spray it ?

Renault Clio 4, 2016
Mine has a bit of chrome peel too, only noticed it the other day.

Does anyone know how to remove whole fascia so I can remove the chrome part and spray it ?

I have just found this on youtube, quite handy video is - I dunno what a bojo tool is but I dont have one anyway :)

Reactions: Gus

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Swap it with a 66 plate onwards with the Matt finish looks much better than the tacky chrome.

There was a facelift surround with the much nicer centre vents that went for £25 last week on eBay I just missed it for our banger

Renault Clio 4, 2016
thanks for replies everyone - the dealer peeled off all the peeling chrome and left it with the white plastic underneath - dont look too bad actually now - i suppose one day I could still change it.

MK4 CLIO 2015
Old thread but should you too stumble across this common problem, I found it best to use a general hosuehold degreaser (elbow grease) and spray it on the chrome trim, then letting it soak in. This bubbled the trim and allowed it to be removed pretty easily using a plastic scraper (Plastic bike tyre leaver). All of this done with it removed from the car. Still required a bit of patience but looks far better than before.

Renault Clio
we have just put a deposit down on a 2016 clio Mk4 at a dealers and all the trim inside is fine (just needs a valet) but there is one thing letting down in the looks department and thats the chrome trim around the centre consul / media nav etc .. a lot of it has peeled of and just left the unpainted/unchrome plastic underneath - real shame .

Wondered what would be the best way to refurbish it? - mask it all up with masking tape and spray it? - or fine artist brush and paint it with silver/chrome paint? or anything self-adhesive could be applied maybe?

Thanks.

View attachment 1405270
Did you find out how to remove the chrome piece? I am looking to remove it so I can spray paint it if it is not too complicated

Clio 1.5cdi
Hi, I had the chrome issue. Cleaned it off using Cif and some places a 6" rule to scrap.
Masked it and sprayed with Plastikote Gloss Black.
1646562013521444138023710426589.jpg

Needs a sand down and re-coat but it's do-
able