ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to take off Renaut Badges?

Clio, Rover 25
I know on the rear youve to take off the inside boot cover and unbolt 3 screws and it pops out, but on the front does it simply pop out too? Or is it screwed? Also what does everyone use if popping it out? Flat head screw driver? Dont want to crack or mark anything. Cheers

BG 182FF
Id like to know how to remove the clio from the boot, ive had the boot lining off can cant push the clips or squeeze them. I dont want to break the badge, as it need to go back on. this is kinda related to the OP, someone must know how to solve both these problems (ps sorry for hijacking)

Front pops out... Back pops out.... Something small, blade like and strong (wrapped in some cloth to protect paint)

Take your time and ease around on both rear and front badges. They will come away.

Nick

Clio, Rover 25
Id like to know how to remove the clio from the boot, ive had the boot lining off can cant push the clips or squeeze them. I dont want to break the badge, as it need to go back on. this is kinda related to the OP, someone must know how to solve both these problems (ps sorry for hijacking)

Are you talking about the "Clio" badge on the boot? Its held on by 2 clips. I got dental floss to direct me to where the clips where then prived it out

Clio, Rover 25
Front pops out... Back pops out.... Something small, blade like and strong (wrapped in some cloth to protect paint)

Take your time and ease around on both rear and front badges. They will come away.

Nick

For the rear do you not need to take off the inside and screw off the bolts, or can you do it without all that? Do the clips be prone to break?

CursedTitanium 182FF
To remove the rear "Clio" badge, open the boot & remove the boot trim, I think it is held on by six clips and one screw (182) Feeling around in the hole behind the badge you will feel the two studs, I used a bit of dowel to push the studs out towards the rear of the car (use whatever you think necessary or have to hand)

BG 182FF
To remove the rear "Clio" badge, open the boot & remove the boot trim, I think it is held on by six clips and one screw (182) Feeling around in the hole behind the badge you will feel the two studs, I used a bit of dowel to push the studs out towards the rear of the car (use whatever you think necessary or have to hand)

Have tried this and used a fair amount of force, i felt like i was going to break something. Might have another go at the weekend. I wasn't sure if the clips needed pliers to squeeze them together, then pull the badge from the outside

front diamond just pulls off as its on 3 little clips, easy job.

back diamond more difficult, you have to upll the plastic off out the inside of the boot door, then unscrew the central locking motor, and then there are 3 bolts holding the badge and handle together in. unscrew these, one of them is awkward.
when you get that off the badge is held in with 4 small clips which are hard to get out if its an oldish clio as the sort of bond to the plastic i found on mine. when putting back together, make sure the button goes back in the way it came, because if you put it in the other way round, one part of it is shorter/longer so it wont go down far enough and wont open the boot again when you shut it. ( i learnt that the hard way haha, poke it back from the inside!) also watch out for locking and unlocking make sure its in sync with the other doors ;)

hope that helps, probably didnt make sense!