ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Better Exhaust

182 Trophy
I had a clio 182 with a scorpion exhaust which was great around town and b roads but a bit of a drone on the motorway. I now have a 182 trophy which has been restored to out of the box spec and the original spec exhaust is erm well silent. Barely a rasp until about 5500 revs then its a bit dull any suggestion for a alternative ?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I had an earlier scorpion exhaust in the past and hated it at higher cruising speeds because of the drone.
I've now got one of the older Ktec Janspeed exhaust (smaller 2.25") systems and it doesn't drone at all. I've run this with a standard cat, decat and now custom sports cat, as well as centre silencer and straight through.
It can be loud and raspy, or fairly quiet depending on setup, but never had issues with it droning.
Not available new anymore, but do come up second sometimes

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I had a clio 182 with a scorpion exhaust which was great around town and b roads but a bit of a drone on the motorway. I now have a 182 trophy which has been restored to out of the box spec and the original spec exhaust is erm well silent. Barely a rasp until about 5500 revs then its a bit dull any suggestion for a alternative ?

Milltek is on the quiet side as long as you opt for the one with the middle silencer.

I'd love to see some pics of your trophy

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If I was you I'd be shoving a fatty/ktec induction kit onto it before doing the exhaust. It's so addictive and nice to hear over the noise

182 Trophy
P1090701.JPG