ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Better ext hard drive for the price?

Golf GTI 1.8T
Maxtor 400GB USB External Hard Drive 16MB Cache 7200rpm

on Ebuyer for £58.70 free shipping

Is there anything better that can be recommended? laptops getting full :(

cheers.

RB 182
How much space do you need Mitch?
Are you using your laptop out and about or just at home? (power reasons)

Golf GTI 1.8T
Hi Ben, alright mate.

well I've only got 60gb on the laptop. I've got quite a bit of music and getting more into photography so need a lot more space for photos and want to dump everything off of the laptop onto a faster hard drive and just keep stuff I use regularly on the laptop.

Plus if my laptop was stolen I'd lose all my college work and memorable pics etc.

300+ should be plenty, the same version of HD with 320gb on ebuyer is £59.41 so the 400gb looked like the one to go for.

RB 182
That seems fine then mate, we have the 500Gb version of that at work and it's fine.

As long as you don't need it to power itself then it should be fine for you.

If you've only just used the 60Gb that you have you'll have plenty of space with that.

Golf GTI 1.8T
cool, yeah was gonna buy a 160gb 2.5" self powered but think I'd fill that up too quickly and above that goes out my price range. me thinks I'll get one ordered today then.

Golf GTI 1.8T
hahaha badboy!!

they've only gone and dropped the price of the 400gb to £56.99 and put the 320gb one up to £64.08

how the f**k does that work lol

RB 182
Saw that earlier...choices hey lol

Yeah he is right, the one I linked to was 8Mb cache, but you can get 16Mb.

bish bash bosh, been ordered with up to 5 days delivery to get it free. schweet!!

I have to wait till next week to get my Logitech Z-5500 speakers I've ordered, damn 5 working days delivery, but like hell I'm paying £15 to get it delivered earlier.