ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 Road and track

182 FF
A short introduction to my 182,both cup packs, bought because the shell was really solid but mechanically tired which suited me perfectly as my plan was to refresh it and use it to drive to track and join in with friends on track days. This is all the fault of a friend of mine who let me drive his 172 CUP during a visit to the Nurburgring and subsequent passenger laps at track days in the UK. The plan was not to go over board with it and try to build it into the ultimate track car, that was outside my budget and beyond my skill set on track too, my aim was fun and affordable.
So the car, I knew as I walked up to it on the sellers driveway that it was decent, it just looked straight, and pretty unmolested. It wasn't without fault however, tired looking suspension,
exhaust resting on shot mounts, brakes at end of life, due its belts and a slight crunch into third if rushed. But a couple of days later, after a night shift and a train ride it made the journey home with me, nice and steady, with me making plans as I drove.

IMG_1355.jpeg

Last edited:
  182 FF
Rigid brake pipes weren't in the best of condition, also someone saw fit to change just the one rear shock absorber at some point...as you do. No great drama, plan was to refurb rear brakes, fresh discs and pads and braided lines.

182 FF
While I was waiting for the powder coating I busied myself with the interior...again nothing earth shattering, all sound deadening removed, rear seats/belts radio/speakers then I re installed the carpets and door cards figuring it might make it slightly more civilised on the road. As anyone who has done it will know...removing the sound deadening isn't much fun
IMG_1448.jpeg

182 FF
Took the opportunity to pump was rust proofing down into the rear quarters while the trim was off, plus around the rear petrol cap and rear of car while access was good.